Look What Mr. Brown Dropped Off Today...

SEBSPEED

Parts for my VFR700 & VF750F exhausts! :huh:

These beauties + 5' of 2" perforated tube! :cool:

carbonsleeves.jpg

Working on the endcap design right now. It's going to be a little tougher with the oval cans, but with the deal I got, I'll manage. I paid $34 for the sleeves and $16 for shipping... :dry:

• Member Contributer

Where did you score those carbon fiber tubes? Are they oval? Carbon fiber is kind of a limited quantity these days so I'm surprised that you got such a good deal!

• 5 months later...
That was a sweet deal, I was quoted $75/ea. for cf sleeves by 2 companies.

Mike, you need a couple? I don't need all 4.

As far as updates, they will show up in my restoration thread when I get to the exhaust.

• Member Contributer

As far as updates, they will show up in my restoration thread when I get to the exhaust.

Hmmm...what if you got in a hurry and (oops) made up an extra one you didn't need? You wouldn't want to just leave it laying around collecting dust would you? You'd want to maybe sell it to someone that, well just happens to have an 86 with an old banged up yoshi that could take it to a local muffler guy and make up a 4-1 system for it...wouldn't you? wink.gif

Hmmm...what if you got in a hurry and (oops) made up an extra one you didn't need? You wouldn't want to just leave it laying around collecting dust would you? You'd want to maybe sell it to someone that, well just happens to have an 86 with an old banged up yoshi that could take it to a local muffler guy and make up a 4-1 system for it...wouldn't you? wink.gif

There's a distinct possibility, but the ovals will be a PITA. Round endcaps would be much easier to make!

• Member Contributer

There's a distinct possibility, but the ovals will be a PITA. Round endcaps would be much easier to make!

Hey, you know a guy with an 86 model bike can't be too picky. Parts too hard to find. A round can would be just as welcome as an oval.

What about modeling something after the stock R1 Exhaust tips?

mmmmmmmmmmm carbon fiber........... gaawawwwwwwwwww ( :goofy:

What about modeling something after the stock R1 Exhaust tips?

mmmmmmmmmmm carbon fiber........... gaawawwwwwwwwww ( :goofy:

I wasn't going to get that complicated, I want the pipes to resemble the pipe on Rossi's M1. Nice fat slash cut tip.

• Member Contributer

No, thanks. They were for the Wolf system that I've already sold.

Exhaust is going to look great on the bike!

I wasn't going to get that complicated, I want the pipes to resemble the pipe on Rossi's M1. Nice fat slash cut tip.

Why be skinny and miserable when you can be fat and happy!

Going to look Very Nice indeed

Archived