2000 Vfr Vfr 2nd Gear Wheelie

Guest arcticphil

Question

Guest arcticphil

I have tried jumping on it and dumping the clutch and it wont do it. I cant do stand up wheelies if I cant bring it up in second. 1st gear runs out to fast. Any ideas?

• Member Contributer
JATO bottle.

Give these guys a call. Naval Surface Warfare Center - JATO Branch

Here's a BLOG that you may find useful.

:warranty: +1.gif :goofy: Jeeeesss Mike, I almost had some leakage I was laughing so much :491:

And all I was gunna do was add one of these :lurk:

• Member Contributer

Ride along at 4,000RPM in second gear. Open throttle fully and hold it there then slip the clutch. Don't dump it, but move through the friction zone over the about 3/4 of a second or so. Do it right and it will bring the front end right up to the balance point with ease, it will take a little practice. Changing the gearing and lowering your rear tire pressure will help also. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

It will do it though. When Jalene and I have the bike packed heavy for a cross-country jaunt, it will come right up in first or second on a freeway on-ramp with throttle alone.

First gear wheelies are easy, why not just bang it up into second while it's up there? You try it first. +1.gif :warranty:

• Member Contributer
I cant do stand up wheelies if I cant bring it up in second. 1st gear runs out to fast. Any ideas?

Date a fat chick.

+1 on starting out in first. Last time I did it I could have made it to 3rd, but had to set it down cause I was coming up on my wife too quick. She wasn't impressed, and I couldn't wipe the grin off.

something smells like calamari...

damn squids...

Just say NO to wheelies! :warranty:

Should have bought a 6th gen +1.gif Mine does it with throttle only very easily, Go to a 15 tooth front and 47 tooth rear fo ra 5th gen bike (pre 2002).. Then you still have to gas it really hard..

let off completely then full throttle while standing on the passenger pegs...

Or just go buy a GSXR1000 for the same price..

1194826198_5eab270b01_o.jpg

Sory this is a pretty laid back no squid forum, Welcome and there is a lot of knowledge here to be shared but mostly we keep both tires firmly on the ground as we pass those who like to pull tricks..

Know of any curvy roads you would like to share..

ATGATT is always you5r best friend..

The poster of this post is not responsible for any thing typed, mentioned, or suggested, Play at your own risk..

something smells like calamari...

damn squids...

Just say NO to wheelies! :offtopic:

Should have bought a 6th gen :biggrin: Mine does it with throttle only very easily, Go to a 15 tooth front and 47 tooth rear fo ra 5th gen bike (pre 2002).. Then you still have to gas it really hard..

let off completely then full throttle while standing on the passenger pegs...

Or just go buy a GSXR1000 for the same price..

1194826198_5eab270b01_o.jpg

Sory this is a pretty laid back no squid forum, Welcome and there is a lot of knowledge here to be shared but mostly we keep both tires firmly on the ground as we pass those who like to pull tricks..

Know of any curvy roads you would like to share..

ATGATT is always you5r best friend..

The poster of this post is not responsible for any thing typed, mentioned, or suggested, Play at your own risk..

Speak for yourself buddy, I try riding wheelies every time I'm on the the bike. And it doesn't look like we're at a loss for advice on the last 10 posts. Say what you want about killing the fork seals, chain, clutch, etc. etc... If I were totally opposed to wheelies, I'd be on the VTX forum instead. We ride a sportbike. They sometimes wheelie. Imagine that! :fing02:

Thanks for the advice last 10 posters! LOL I usually do power wheelies at about 4-5K, but have also been thinking about clutching it up in 2nd. I tried briefly today, but just did some herky jerky BS. More practice.

VFR wheelie

Get a CBR1000!! :offtopic:

+1

If your gonna do stanup wheelies you should be able to get it up in first and while it's up shift to second. If you cant do that you shouldnt be doing stand up, or any wheelie for that matter.

• Member Contributer
Speak for yourself buddy, I try riding wheelies every time I'm on the the bike. If I were totally opposed to wheelies, I'd be on the VTX forum instead.

Hey badazz, was this you??? :offtopic: :biggrin: He shoulda been on an 1800 wink.gif

Speak for yourself buddy, I try riding wheelies every time I'm on the the bike. If I were totally opposed to wheelies, I'd be on the VTX forum instead.

Hey badazz, was this you??? :offtopic: :biggrin: He shoulda been on an 1800 wink.gif

That was the day I secretly borrowed yours. wink.gif

I have seen guys on full bagger HDs riding them though!

• Member Contributer
JATO bottle.

Give these guys a call. Naval Surface Warfare Center - JATO Branch

Here's a BLOG that you may find useful.

Sweet,,, didn't Mythbusters do a show on ramjet engines. I think they tried it on a car though. You might want to stick with Testors or Estes brand rockets :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I do sit down ones in second all the time, first time scared the crap out of myself. All you need is about 2 bars on the fuel gauge and shift your butt back and up comes that front wheel everytime as the V-tec kicks in.

Ok so its more of a power lift as its only a few inches and doesn't last long, but my brother the CRB rider has a lot more respect for the VFR after it happened to him

• Member Contributer
I cant do stand up wheelies if I cant bring it up in second. 1st gear runs out to fast. Any ideas?
Date a fat chick.
<br

+1! Lol. Could not have sad it more humorously myself...

It may be cheating, but wth the factory bags on and loaded down, it goes up pretty easy.

• Member Contributer

Guys...........I have a deep, dark secret that eats away at my very core. Even though a sense of inadequacy will surely follow, I feel as though I must get this off my chest once and for all. My name is Eric........and I never learned how to do wheelies (wiping tear from eye). I really want to do them, but I'm poor and I dislike pain very much. Does this make me any less of a man?? ::sniffle:: Any encouragement would be appreciated :fing02:

Archived