Need Help, With My 4th Gen

Guest 185champ

Question

Guest 185champ

long story short, i have a 4th gen, and i would like to use a remote resevoir system, off a newer bike. what master cyclinders will work if any?

7 answers to this question

long story short, i have a 4th gen, and i would like to use a remote resevoir system, off a newer bike. what master cyclinders will work if any?

Any with the same bore size. Say from a Super chicken for example, but I cannot see the benefit unless you are fitting uprated calipers at the same time.

As was stated, check your m/c for bore size(it'll likely be a number inside a circle), then shop around for units that are the same size. Besides the clearance, you can gain braking feel by getting a radial brake master from a late model sportbike.

CBR929/954 should work. With any m/cyls that have a remote reservoir you may need to relocate the reservoir with a custom bracket and longer hose, to ensure it clears the fairings.

• Member Contributer

Ignore the two posts above...because you have OEM calipers, not 4-piston calipers that match the master cylinders off the 929/954/RC51. :fing02:

The only Honda sportbike I know of that has a 12.7mm (1/2") master cylinder (i.e., the same bore as yours) in a remote-reservoir configuration is the CBR400RR, which are not exactly thick on the ground in the 'States. (Blackbird is also 1/2"--is it remote-res, though?) (Super Hawk/Firestorm is 14mm, btw...) (Certain NSR250s might also be likely suspects, but again, not common.) How about CB-1? Good luck.

Ciao,

Ignore the two posts above...because you have OEM calipers, not 4-piston calipers that match the master cylinders off the 929/954/RC51. :biggrin:

Ahhh, yep.

Blackbird is also 1/2"--is it remote-res, though?

It's not - it looks identical to the VFR m/cyl assembly.

Archived