5 Gen Or 6 Gen Vfr, Looking To Buy Not Bash!

Old School

• Member Contributer
What's a VFR ??? :goofy:

Very Fast Ride

Very Fine Ride

Very Fun Ride

Very F'ing Righteous

All I could think of in 30 seconds :fing02:

Very F'ing Red :fing02:

You are excused for not knowing that one. You're hue-challenged, though. :wheel:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
It is :fing02:

I bought it from him because it had everything I wanted, or would end up doing. It is a sweet ride. Looks like new still!

My buddy flew out and rode it back to Mississippi for me. He had a as he called it "epic trip!" Got it about ohhh four weeks sooner than if I paid truck line to get it..Worth the extra 2,000 miles on the clock :goofy:

He was great with me I bet I bugged the crap out of him for a week or two asking questions. I am pretty anal about stuff so one draw to his bike was how well maintained it was. I love it..

Its gonna be hard to paint it Yellow this winter since its in such good condition. But I love the yeller!!! Moon glow yellow VFR!!! Coming soon...........

Nooooo not the dreaded Moon glow yellow..... :fing02:

You will loose 10 horsepower.... :wheel:

Wow that was great to let a friend bring it to you after 2,000 miles of riding it.

Yeah Craig is a great guy. Glad you could get it from him.

vince

I agree with those who said "pick it based on body style".....we know they are fairly equal in all else, and that was how I made my decision. I liked the newer styling of the 6th gen, even tho my inspiration for buying one rides a 5th gen. Plus I got ABS...NA-NA NA-NA NA NA

Just recently bought a 6th gen. I really like it overall, but really prefer the 1000 engine in my OLD VF1000F. Had a VF1000R as well, liked the engine in that even more but sold it cause the riding position was too harsh for me - numb hands. And, since I am an old guy I could afford the price of a new 6th gen? Friend of mine who has a cycle shop has a sign in it" "No senior citizen discount. You have had twice as long to save the money" IMHO, RIDE WHAT YOU LIKE AND LIKE WHAT YOU RIDE. Applies to many things in life. :fing02:

What's a VFR ??? :huh:

Very Fast Ride

Very Fine Ride

Very Fun Ride

Very F'ing Righteous

All I could think of in 30 seconds :goofy:

Very F'ing Red :fing02:

You are excused for not knowing that one. You're hue-challenged, though. :goofy:

Dam it! Silver is still faster....Not that I would actually know I have not ridden a red one :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
I think the original poster signed off after the second or third bash.

Most of us have our oppinion as to which is better because that is the one we ride. To be truthful only he can figure which is better for him.

I think any one of us if we only could have one bike would be happy with any sweet looking good riding VFR.

Just be happy He is wanting a VFR.

:cool: Still here! I was thinking about a ZX12 for the HP, but just love the V4 for the smoothness low end

torque and the comfort etc.

• Member Contributer

I've owned both...here are my comments:

You won't notice much difference in ability unless you are Freddie Spencer or Reg Pridmore

5th gen is sexier and sounds WAY cooler (D&D baby!)

5th gen is more charismatic based

6th gen is awesome for touring

6th gen is moe technology based

Buy the one you like. Both great bikes.

Having recently purchased an 07 I have to say I like it. Stock seat is about as comfortable as sitting on splintered 3/4" plywood, IMHO. Bought a Sargent but then it started snowing etc here in the NE so I have to wait a few months to report on that. I have only about 1k on the bike since mid september but it us great for me. As you can see I have a few old VF's and yes, my VF1000's pull like a freight train from 1200 RPM, but everything else about the VFR makes the old ones simply that - OLD. Buy what you like and enjoy. That is really the key. Otherwise, from what I hear, the 5th and 6th gen are nearly bullet proof unless you slide them down the road............. Just my $.02

Otherwise, from what I hear, the 5th and 6th gen are nearly bullet proof unless you slide them down the road.............

Even then they hold up better than others - don't ask me how I know!!

Archived