Any Bored Photoshoppers Out There?

Guest knucklehead

Guest knucklehead

hey everyone, i want to paint my bike but im not sure what paint scheme to go with. i was thinking of painting everything flat black and possibly polishing the frame for now. but i found some lime green pearl paint used for models, (it looks exactly like the color the green goblin is in spiderman.) and now i was thinking about painting the NACA ducts and the fins right above that the lime green color. but im not sure how it will look. so if anyone has some spare time on there hands and could lay this out for me in the totally flat black, the flat black with green fins and ducts, and then maybe the flat black with red fins and ducts. and the decals dont matter to me i will take them off anyway. thanks in advance if anyone does it. have a good day. smile.gifgallery_14356_3942_62364.jpg

Well, the green goblins suit was more of a matte chrome green rather than Lime, and would be a very hard color to photoshop. As is matte black, all matte colors are (though they can be done with enough time). Also a bigger (much bigger) photo would be great. However I will give it a shot.

ok i will try and get a bigger picture when i find my camera. i took this one with my phone. here is a pic of the green im talking about, (yes i painted my xbox) its a bit darker in the pic then in real life. but thats the jist of it. hey man im not going to complain if its not nailed perfect. haha. im just kinda curious as to what it will look like, if its going to be fugly or not. P080113001.jpg

• Member Contributer

How about red with a black NACA and black wheels? Sorry... I will always like the bike with the stock colors.

haha yes i do grant that, it doesnt look half bad just as she sits, not bad for a cool grand if i do say so myself. quick question though, do the wheels have some kind of black metal flake paintjob?? there seems to be on mine, not sure if its factory or my eyes are going bad.

• Member Contributer

Well that is the most fun you'll ever have with a grand! I'm not sure of the metal flake. I think that they were just shiny black.

• Member Contributer
now it looks like a zx6 from the mis 90's

isnr green un-lucky for bikes? (except Brittish Racing Green)

It sure isn't doing Kawasaki any good in MotoGP land.

heck man that works for me. better then i could of done. now i have a little better idea, but im still not sure. haha. anyone else wanna take a crack at it? heck i would be more then happy to hear what your guys ideas for a paint scheme are. im thinking about reupholstering the seat green or whatever color i go with for the duct and fins. i just gotta find the right color.

heck man that works for me. better then i could of done. now i have a little better idea, but im still not sure. haha. anyone else wanna take a crack at it? heck i would be more then happy to hear what your guys ideas for a paint scheme are. im thinking about reupholstering the seat green or whatever color i go with for the duct and fins. i just gotta find the right color.

the right, as well as fastest, colour is Flat Black.

for what?? the bike? the bike is going be a satin black, im just not sure about the ducts, the fins, or the seat. i wanna throw some splash of color in there. its just gotta look good. lol.

• Member Contributer

I'd go with red for the accents, but that's just me. You could probably find a Sarget/Corbin seat in black with red piping to get a little more color. I've personally never liked the look of seats that didn't use black as the primary color...

Satin black with red accents would be pretty sweet. Red rim stripes or even powdercoating the rims red could look cool too.

• Member Contributer
It's not too fancy, but this should help:

gallery_7015_2048_12799.jpg

blackgreen 5th Gen

:fing02:

Kind of neat. I'm undecided. Kind of minty. Did i find this on my pillow?

How's about a Dark tangalo, W/ DARK, Deep charcoal accents, Or almost black evergreen.

i wonder if a satin black bike with gloss black ducts and fins would look good. and instead of the VFR sticker a gloss black VFR over the satin

Archived