Carbon Fiber Clutch Cover & Clear Turn Signals (led's)

ki-speed

• Member Contributer

I've spent the last 2 months making some changes to my 2003 VFR:

1. Changed from amber lenses to clear turn signal lenses (also change all bulbs to LED's).

2. Also installed a carbon fiber (real) clutch cover.

3. Painted the radiators black.

Here's some pictures. I think the bike looks great for 48,000 miles.

Later,

Markgallery_2084_112_384033.jpg

bike08front.JPG

gallery_2084_112_160573.jpg

Carbon Fiber clutch cover & clear turn signals

gallery_2084_112_152980.jpg

gallery_2084_112_12061.jpg

gallery_2084_112_70052.jpg

bike08cfcover.JPGgallery_2084_112_293733.jpg

bike08left.JPG

• Member Contributer

The clear lenses on the red bike are sweet. Ken's was the first I saw. Looks good. Are the covers Thurn?

• Member Contributer
The clear lenses on the red bike are sweet. Ken's was the first I saw. Looks good. Are the covers Thurn?

The carbon fiber hugger is NWS. The carbon fiber clutch cover is Thurn. The clear signal lenses I ordered from service honda. To paint the rads black I used Grill / kettle paint (used for painting cooking grills). It's a flat / satin black, good to 1500 degrees.

• Member Contributer

The carbon fiber hugger is NWS. The carbon fiber clutch cover is Thurn. The clear signal lenses I ordered from service honda. To paint the rads black I used Grill / kettle paint (used for painting cooking grills). It's a flat / satin black, good to 1500 degrees.

Clutch cover. I want one. Where and how?

SG

• Member Contributer
Where did you get the rim tape?

Bought the Rim tape on ebay about 3 years ago. The seller is no longer around but there are several vendors that carry the stuff. It's very durable. Yes I would prefer the rims had painted stripes but this is very inexpensive and looks pretty good IMHO. You must be patient putting it on. It comes in 4 peices for each side. Below is a link on ebay that looks like the same as mine. It's so cheap I ordered extra. That way you will have backup (that will match).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel-Strip...sspagenameZWDVW

Good luck.

Mark

• Member Contributer
I've spent the last 2 months making some changes to my 2003 VFR:

1. Changed from amber lenses to clear turn signal lenses (also change all bulbs to LED's).

2. Also installed a carbon fiber (real) clutch cover.

3. Painted the radiators black.

Here's some pictures. I think the bike looks great for 48,000 miles.

Later,

Mark

Our bikes look similar, don't you think? Wait 'til you see my bike next month. I'm riding up to Seb's for a project. To our knowledge, it's something that's never been attempted on a 6th gen. VFR. I have to give credit where credit is due: Seb's the brain behind it all. I could never make it happen on my own. Not even close.

On another note, are those faux carbon fiber mirrors? I've seen 'em on eBay and have always wondered what the quality was like (given the low price.) For those of you that don't know, the same guy selling 'em on eBay also sells faux carbon fiber brake and clutch levers, reservoir tops, and bar ends. They all look pretty good and don't cost much, either.

DSCN0144.jpg

gallery_8583_3271_45960.jpg

picture2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yes those are the faux carbon fiber mirrors (got them off of ebay - cheap). The stock mirrors are a little better quality (glass/mirror) and the stock mirrors stick out farther (giving a slightly better view, but I do not like the looks of the stock mirrors. I had the carbon fiber clutch/brake handles but upgraded to the Piazzo levers (much better).

In a few years (approx. 100,000 miles) I plan on having the frame, passenger foot pegs and forks powder coated black. I hope to get another (additional bike) next year. More of a true touring bike that the wife can be comfortable on the back (ST1300, etc). With 2 bikes it will be easier to due upgrades and still have a bike to ride.

Later,

Mark

Bought the Rim tape on ebay about 3 years ago. The seller is no longer around but there are several vendors that carry the stuff. It's very durable. Yes I would prefer the rims had painted stripes but this is very inexpensive and looks pretty good IMHO. You must be patient putting it on. It comes in 4 peices for each side. Below is a link on ebay that looks like the same as mine. It's so cheap I ordered extra. That way you will have backup (that will match).

Good luck.

Mark

Cheaper and easier yet.... Go to the local auto parts store or even wall mart and get "pin stripe" from there. It comes on a roll, not sure of how much but I did both wheels, both sides and still had plenty left over. Go slow and don't press it down until you're for sure.

• Member Contributer

Good luck.

Mark

Cheaper and easier yet.... Go to the local auto parts store or even wall mart and get "pin stripe" from there. It comes on a roll, not sure of how much but I did both wheels, both sides and still had plenty left over. Go slow and don't press it down until you're for sure.

:salesman:

If its the thinner 1/8". The 1/4" tends to, "lip-up", on a 16.5" radius. Been itch'n to do the 1/8" chrome, myself. As I don't want to polish the lips, and am look'n to have a slight, "pop", without being too loud. Good tip, Hawglet.