Restore Vfr750 4th Gen

zRoYz

gallery_2353_2169_38906.jpg

I was asked for some pics & the rule is everything is worthless without them so here they are.

Story: My 4th gen track bike was replaced with a CBR1000RR & because I have also revamped my VTEC & deal with wife was new track bike sell old one I had to sell my 4th gen. Well the new owner wanted some things done & I agreed to do them so mods & pics bellow.

Full respray & rear tail made into a one piece unit.

R/R rewired to front of bike mounted lower triple clamp for cooling reasons.

F4I forks revalved with .95kg springs.

F4I brakes.

F41 fender.

VTEC triple clamps.

VTEC clipons.

Pazzo levers.

Braided lines front/rear.

Hugger.

Penske 2 clicker shock (height adjustable).

K&N filter.

Staintune.

Things still to fit:

954 mirrors (mounting blocks being machined).

Rear sets gold (mounting plates being machined)

Fit fairing piece behind front wheel (waiting for dzus fasteners)

Before rework:

gallery_2353_2169_123295.jpg

EC2_5.jpg

After:

gallery_2353_2169_48458.jpg

VFR750 082.jpg

gallery_2353_2169_21062.jpg

VFR750 068.jpg

gallery_2353_2169_27190.jpg

VFR750 058.jpg

Yes the pool needs work but can't be bothered as to buzzy working on bikes :-) & my lab is only 6 months old so he likes to chew everything.

Also you ozvfr members don't tell you know who (badly kept secret) I posted pics here for you all to see hehe

Edited by HispanicSlammer

Guest Gap Trash

I have all my plastics off the bike right now working on them. How hard was it to mold that one piece tail section? That looks really good. I may be intrested in doing it myself, so how did you do that?

I have all my plastics off the bike right now working on them. How hard was it to mold that one piece tail section? That looks really good. I may be intrested in doing it myself, so how did you do that?

I didn't do it myself let Mr plastic welder do it, the trick is to leave the normal mounting screws in & then weld up the joins so there is good strength to avoid cracking. The rear that mounts above tail lights is also welded in. The only part you don't weld is lower part that is mounted as a part of tail light because you need that adjustment & flex to install the blinkers. The complete tail mounts onto bike sliding in from rear without any problem.

If guy who bought bike didn't have 954 mirrors in his parts bin we would use 2000 mirrors but the cost of them new is allot more than mounting blocks for the 954 ones he has.

• Member Contributer

Roy

Very very very nice job, as usual. Colour scheme is errr, individual :unsure: :P but looking forward to seeing it in the metal.

:unsure:

The grey is a Honda color but they use it on there cars well MX-5 here in AUS anyway.

MX-5 - isn't that a Mazda? :goofy:

Hehehe... I think you might have meant to write S2000, but something else popped into your mind for some strange reason? :P

BTW that's a great pic of you on it before it went silver; looks like you're pulling it up and over out of T2 for T3 at Eastern Creek?

The grey is a Honda color but they use it on there cars well MX-5 here in AUS anyway.

MX-5 - isn't that a Mazda? :goofy:

Hehehe... I think you might have meant to write S2000, but something else popped into your mind for some strange reason? :P

BTW that's a great pic of you on it before it went silver; looks like you're pulling it up and over out of T2 for T3 at Eastern Creek?

Well my mistake as yes the mx is a mazda & the grey is a mazda color, I think I was thinking about keeping it :warranty:

Also correct that is between T2 & T3 at EC I have the complete sequence.

No pics of bike pick up due to my camera hit a brick wall after returned to me in a none working order by my daughter, must learn to control my temper (other pics taken by a friend without a temper hehe)