Vista Cruise

turtlecreek

Question

EDIT: DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS....I SCREWED IT UP ALREADY AND WILL JUST BUY THE RIGHT ONE NOW.....NOTE, THE YAMAHA 2 WIRE THROTTLE VERSION DOESNT WORK WITH HONDA... <_<

DOES YOUR WORKING VISTA CRUISE LOOK LIKE THIS:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/browse/view_product_images/1222

I bought a vista cruise from ebay and I am having issues with the install. Can anyone post a picture of yours mounted showing the bottom side of the throttle? I need to see how the plastic latch (the ring with the thumb switch) actually gets held in place. Mine comes with a small metal clip that it says you should screw to the bottom of the throttle housing and clip around one of the throttle cables. HOWEVER, my housing has no screw in that place AND the throttle cable holder is larger than the clip. I know I can rig something up, but I was hoping that a picture would clear things up before I go grinding and cutting.

Thanks!

tc

16 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
I bought a vista cruise from ebay and I am having issues with the install.

Huh? problems with install???? Just slap in the DVD my friend.....

Vista.jpg

(sorry, t'is close to midnight here already...) :P

• Member Contributer
I bought a vista cruise from ebay and I am having issues with the install. Can anyone post a picture of yours mounted showing the bottom side of the throttle? I need to see how the plastic latch (the ring with the thumb switch) actually gets held in place. Mine comes with a small metal clip that it says you should screw to the bottom of the throttle housing and clip around one of the throttle cables. HOWEVER, my housing has no screw in that place AND the throttle cable holder is larger than the clip. I know I can rig something up, but I was hoping that a picture would clear things up before I go grinding and cutting.

Thanks!

tc

There are 2 versions of the vc ... sounds like you have the wrong one. Sorry i have no pics but it really is a simple install, you do need to cut down the thumb actuator though or it will hit the tank at full lock.

yep, appreciate the salt in the wounds.....i always come here for some brotherly comfort....feel the luv..... :P

i have the 2 cable version. it did mention yamaha in the directions....someone posted once that you could use the yamaha version with no modding....

if i can see a pick from below, i can see what mods i might 'safely' make without screwing anything up.

EDIT: DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS....I SCREWED IT UP ALREADY AND WILL JUST BUY THE RIGHT ONE NOW.....NOTE, THE YAMAHA 2 WIRE THROTTLE VERSION DOESNT WORK WITH HONDA... <_<

Hi, Just reviving an old thread here. Looking for a throttle lock, and it's down to either the Vista Cruise, or the NEP. Heard the Vista requires some kind of mod to fit the VFR, but the NEP does not. Anyone have any other comments on how well they work? Thanks.

yep, appreciate the salt in the wounds.....i always come here for some brotherly comfort....feel the luv..... :P

i have the 2 cable version. it did mention yamaha in the directions....someone posted once that you could use the yamaha version with no modding....

if i can see a pick from below, i can see what mods i might 'safely' make without screwing anything up.

Hi, Just reviving an old thread here. Looking for a throttle lock, and it's down to either the Vista Cruise, or the NEP. Heard the Vista requires some kind of mod to fit the VFR, but the NEP does not. Anyone have any other comments on how well they work? Thanks.

once i got the right one (for HONDA...duh) it went on just fine. there is a small ring on the throttle tube and i had to sand it down so that the clamp had a nice smooth surface to clamp to. it works ok. allows me to shake my hand more frequently than without it.

Hi, There were no issues with the thumb switch hitting the tank at full lock. I read elsewhere people filing this part down to accomodate.

once i got the right one (for HONDA...duh) it went on just fine. there is a small ring on the throttle tube and i had to sand it down so that the clamp had a nice smooth surface to clamp to. it works ok. allows me to shake my hand more frequently than without it.

I LOVE my vista cruise....works as promised.

I did mar (slightly) the Honda wing sticker when I first put the lock on....was turning to get out of the garage...a little tight. No biggie though...didn't file it down, no problems since.

Occasionally, you need to tighten the screw on top, but it comes with a key for that.

Best 20 bucks ever spent on my wrist.....

......err....maybe that doesn't sound right.... :fing02: Anyway, enjoy!!!!

• Member Contributer

I just returned one that was a once piece like that yesterday. I got it on, but the throttle would stick. I did not try to sand down the throttle tube. I just returned it looking for the one that mounts to the bar with a seperate attaching point. They had sold it. Still looking for one I dont have to mod to make work.

I have an NEP, and now that I have it, I can't imagine NOT having it. It looks cheap and flimsy, but it's held up for a couple years now perfectly, and is actually cheap! $12 at the dealer.

The best part - no mods necessary whatsoever, and it does NOT hit the tank!

I also have the NEP throttle lock, after trying with no success, the two different Vista Cruise models. I have had no problems at all with the NEP, works as advertised!!!

Hi, was thinking of getting a throttle lock, and was thinking about the Vista Cruise. My concern , is there a safety feature on these things? for example, if you had to suddenly make an emergency brake for whatever reason, would the throttle be automatically de-activated, as you certainly would not have time to even think about flicking a switch first, before braking in that type of situation. Thanks.

• Member Contributer
Hi, was thinking of getting a throttle lock, and was thinking about the Vista Cruise. My concern , is there a safety feature on these things? for example, if you had to suddenly make an emergency brake for whatever reason, would the throttle be automatically de-activated, as you certainly would not have time to even think about flicking a switch first, before braking in that type of situation. Thanks.

If you are ever in that position where you have to throttle off fast trust me the "lock" will not be a problem your wrist will un-lock it for you.

been there, did that :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
I have an NEP, and now that I have it, I can't imagine NOT having it. It looks cheap and flimsy, but it's held up for a couple years now perfectly, and is actually cheap! $12 at the dealer.

The best part - no mods necessary whatsoever, and it does NOT hit the tank!

Me to, about 4 years!!!

Archived