What Do You Do In January In Nashvegas?

I hit the usual places around Leipers Fork, TN today. I tried out my little camera to see how it recorded on the video. Not as good as my JVC mini DV unit, but for 10 minutes of quick film, it worked great.

Enjoy:

th_MVI_0185.jpg

Thanks for taking me along for the ride. The roads look nice and clean! You don't want to know what they look like up here... although I'm going to ride to work tomorrow anyway. smile.gif

I rode over holston mountain into shady valley then hwy 91 to elizabethton, 19 north to 11w into johnson city then the superslab home. Was a great ride for January! Rode 95 miles after work.....

-Craig

Wow, running stop signs, double yellow passing and Skuuter crawl Pace. What a Hooligan :unsure: !

:lol:

That first stop sign was Bailey Rd and the second was at Brooks or Dunn's house, clean nice pavement.

I got 250 plus in yesterday, wet roads in the morning, but no rain. When I got up this morning and it was 60 degrees at 6:30am I started feeling sick, but had to go to work anyway! :P

Thanks Dale, never been on the first part of that road.

btw it's 69 right now! :thumbsup:

Thanx for that! :thumbsup:

It reminded me of Noo Zilund in places, apart from you riding on the wrong side of the road, and that silly double-yellow line everywhere! (Here we have yellow lines only where it's genuinely unsafe to pass, and then only on the side of the road it applies to, so double yellows aren't very common).

Wow, running stop signs, double yellow passing and Skuuter crawl Pace. What a Hooligan :beer: !

That first stop sign was Bailey Rd and the second was at Brooks or Dunn's house, clean nice pavement.

I got 250 plus in yesterday, wet roads in the morning, but no rain. When I got up this morning and it was 60 degrees at 6:30am I started feeling sick, but had to go to work anyway! :P

yep on the road. i just found the little piece just 2 weeks ago. if you head towards 96 from pucketts, its the first road on your rt, just 100 yds out of town.

stop sign? what stop sign..... :unsure:

Nice video I'll have to add that road to my do list. I use to go to work through leipers fork but have never been down that road looks scenic like the rest of that area.I did a clifton,waynesboro,hohenwald loop yesterday thought for sure I would get wet even took raingear but lucked out.I work afternoons and ride every chance I get pm me if you want to ride some day breakfast at pucketts 3 or 4 hours of riding while everybody else is at work.

Nice video I'll have to add that road to my do list. I use to go to work through leipers fork but have never been down that road looks scenic like the rest of that area.I did a clifton,waynesboro,hohenwald loop yesterday thought for sure I would get wet even took raingear but lucked out.I work afternoons and ride every chance I get pm me if you want to ride some day breakfast at pucketts 3 or 4 hours of riding while everybody else is at work.

can do. i ride a lot during the week, so i'll be taking you up on this.

I did a clifton,waynesboro,hohenwald loop yesterday thought for sure I would get wet even took raingear but lucked out.

What ??? That's my favorite loop out of Pucketts. Only got as far as Holenwald yesterday because one of my buddies said the Titans game started at noon!!!!!!!!! <_< Otherwise would have ran down to Clifton. sad.gif

I did a clifton,waynesboro,hohenwald loop yesterday thought for sure I would get wet even took raingear but lucked out.

What ??? That's my favorite loop out of Pucketts. Only got as far as Holenwald yesterday because one of my buddies said the Titans game started at noon!!!!!!!!! <_< Otherwise would have ran down to Clifton. sad.gif

See what you get for typing names into the internet?? It's gonna get crowded!!

J/K, nudge, nudge :P

• Member Contributer
Wow, running stop signs, double yellow passing and Skuuter crawl Pace. What a Hooligan :squid: !

yep on the road. i just found the little piece just 2 weeks ago. if you head towards 96 from pucketts, its the first road on your rt, just 100 yds out of town.

stop sign? what stop sign..... :goofy:

Great ride Dale.....nice pace (regardless of what "that other guy" implied.... :P ). That first road out of Liepers Fork toward 96 is what I take home if I'm in no hurry, then make several turns onto other roads (I'm terrible with road names, I just know where I'm going)...if I gotta' be back I just rip 96 out to Franklin, right onto Arno Rd., left on McDaniels Rd., right on Cox Rd., right on 41-A, then straight to my house (or Wife's store). Last time I left Leipers Fork, I ran Arno Rd. full length, then right...kept making turns, until I finally came into Flat Creek and Lynchburg.

It was 73 here yesterday.....kept feeling a "virus" coming on, but didn't give in to "it"..... :wub: Lotta' great riding most all year where all of us live. Just watch out for that "BR guy" down that way, and if you're ever down at Pucketts on Sunday morning in your truck, always bring your gear, there's usually a VFR that's easily "accessable"...........I almost took it for a ride one morning, but didn't have my gear..... wink.gif

you know, i rarely wash the bike and i dont really look through the windscreen much, so i didn't realize just how dirty it was until i saw my own video. slighty dirty i'll say! i'll try and do better next go around.

• Member Contributer
you know, i rarely wash the bike and i dont really look through the windscreen much, so i didn't realize just how dirty it was until i saw my own video. slighty dirty i'll say! i'll try and do better next go around.

The sign of a well ridden bike.............. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Same thing you do in Huntspatch. Pick out a ride for Sat. and Sunday and just do it.

Saturday is planned and mapped and Sunday is still up in the air. High in the high 50's and mostly sunny. What else could one ask for? :thumbsup:

Archived