Efi

Guest vfrrider

Question

Guest vfrrider

OK, the RC211V replica really needs EFI. It was suggested to me over on the Speedzilla board to use the EFI from a VFR800.

The port spacing on the VF1000R engine is about 5 9/16" +- 1/16. The carb spacing on the 93 carbs is about 5 1/2"+- 1/16. Close, so the question is, what is the spacing (side to side to centerline of port) of the VFR800 EFI setup? If right, maybe just a PC for the injectors and a stock ECU could be made to work? :beer:

Anyone got there's off and want to measure for me on the bottom where it goes into the boot?

Larry

VFRrider and beginner of all kind of strange projects.

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
I'm not sure what you're going to do about the cam position sensor? VF1000R don't got one.

How does the sensor operate? Does it send a pulse at every rotation? Inductive pickup? Know the output voltage? Current?

That can probably be gotten around.

• Member Contributer

I've been planning to do this for a couple of years now. Megasquirt is the way I'm planning to go. Pretty much everything is going to need to be custom, there's just not anything close enough to scavenge from.

I've been planning to do this for a couple of years now. Megasquirt is the way I'm planning to go. Pretty much everything is going to need to be custom, there's just not anything close enough to scavenge from.

the 800 throttle bodies will most likely be way too close together. the 800 has a right side cam drive whereas the older bikes have a center cam drive which makes everything wider.

have u tried some GSXR throttle bodies?

i can send you one to trial fit into a carb boot if u like.

the 800 throttle bodies will most likely be way too close together. the 800 has a right side cam drive whereas the older bikes have a center cam drive which makes everything wider.

All I'm gonna say is, if you're taking on this kind of project, spacing the t-bodies out should not be the biggest of your worries. That's why people like us own hacksaws... :rolleyes:

Guest vfrrider

OK, VFR800 throttle bodies are too far apart (V space) and close right to left, but at the wrong angle otherwise. I have been thinking I will PROBABLY need to mount each body individually, maybe with its own controller? Fabbing up the mounts will be easy with the throttles stuck in the manifold. Luckily, I got the whole intake system, airbox and all.

OK flyguy, you want to send me the GSXR unit and I'll try it for size. Send me a PM for shipping cost.

Larry

All I'm gonna say is, if you're taking on this kind of project, spacing the t-bodies out should not be the biggest of your worries. That's why people like us own hacksaws... :rolleyes:

i can assure you that its not that simple.

anyway, vfrrider, ill take apart the bad set that i have and send one of the non-bent ones i have.

i'll box it up and see how much it is

Archived