Here I Go Again

house

house:

What kind of grip is that on your tank for your knees?

Also, what's the seat sack?

The tank grips are from tech-spec and I love them. I highly reccomend the snakeskin... it wears better and is much thicker.

The tail pack is an EXL from motodirectusa.com, but they have been out of stock forever. I email them every 3 months asking when they will get more. They always say 4 to 6 weeks, but it's been almost a year and still nothing. Nevertheless, if you can get one, they are awesome and great for commuting to work as they have built in backpack straps and the pack zips off the base. They have a small model with the link above, but I haven't tried it cause my laptop won't fit.

Still got non-black wheels? Wanna trade?

Normally, I would say yes, but I don't want the shiny black... I want the powder black on the 07 tri-color... so I will probably buy a set and have my stockers powdercoated to match. Thanks for the offer, though.

• Member Contributer

You're all nuts :goofy: I agree that the black cans need some other black components so they don't get lonely. It would look sweet with black rims and frame - sorta goofy looking as it is. Guess this makes me nuts too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Added more black this weekend.... check out the footpegs! I also powdercoated the heatshield on the right. Also, I just bought a swingarm and swingarm mount to get powdercoated black (for those of you who thought I would never do it.) That will leave the radiators, forks, and frame. All but the forks are planned to be blacked out. I really like the footpegs... subtle as they are. The swingarm was easy to find, the mount was not... and I don't even want to know how much fun it will be to change the mount and swingarm. Isn't the engine mounted to the swingarm mount? will it fall out when I take it off wink.gif

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

nb5.jpg

Oh, yeah... my daughter FINALLY fits in a jacket... so I picked up a jacket and helmet for her this weekend. Tomorrow we start "Dad's safety class" for her. Maybe if she understands the ramifications of being on a bike, we can go for a ride around the backroads at super low speed this weekend. Check out her pink gear smile.gif

nb1.jpg

Man i love that bike.....Better than the italian red in my eyes...I can only say this because the Lady in Red is down in the parking garage and can't hear.

What size jacket do they offer? I would love to get my kids riding more as well, but they are young (all <10 years old)

Man i love that bike.....Better than the italian red in my eyes...I can only say this because the Lady in Red is down in the parking garage and can't hear.

What size jacket do they offer? I would love to get my kids riding more as well, but they are young (all <10 years old)

Her helmet is a medium... the jacket is an extra small. She is 7.5 years old... which I think is a bit young. So I plan to take her on the super back country GA roads at no more than 35-40 MPH. I figure you gotta start somewhere. She is SOOO excited smile.gif

Her helmet is a medium... the jacket is an extra small. She is 7.5 years old... which I think is a bit young. So I plan to take her on the super back country GA roads at no more than 35-40 MPH. I figure you gotta start somewhere. She is SOOO excited smile.gif

Awesome, sounds like its shopping time! So far I have only been able to give them rides in the neighbor hood...using Denim jacket and bike helmets. I am sure my wife will be thrilled! (yeah, who am I kidding).

OK, so I stripped all the junk off the extra swingarm and mount that I bought... 1.5 hours of work! I was gonna do more, but it was PERFECT day in GA today. My daughter called and needed more clothes at her grandmothers... so that was the perfect excuse for me to practice weaving in and out of traffic all the way down to Mableton (from Canton.) Once I finished that task, I saw bikes EVERYWHERE, so I just HAD to hit the mountains for awhile smile.gifI even saw a red 4th Gen on Hwy 20 near my house in Canton. (who was that?) Anyway, I am just about ready to send all this stuff off to the powder coater, which will seriously up the black level on this bike. It's gonna be fun to rip a swingarm and mount off... that's why I bought extras. Anyone got any pointers? Will the engine fall out when I pull the swingarm mount? What do you guys use to strip the wheels? I was gonna strip the wheels and swingarm... but now I think it's easier to pay someone to deal with it.

Wera, did Butch decide on a color? If so, as soon as my rear PitBull mount for the VFR gets here (should be later this week,) I am ready to powder coat a bunch of stuff.

I was gonna mount my sliders and heated grips and powerlet today... but it was too nice to be working on a bike, much better to ride!

• Member Contributer

How about some daylight photos? :idea3:

Good luck on the swingarm. I'm anxious to see how it turns out even though I'm probably not up to going that far on mine. As far as the stripping goes I would just have it blasted and save you a LOT of work.

• Member Contributer
As far as the stripping goes I would just have it blasted and save you a LOT of work.

And longevity!!!!!