My Neighbor Backed Into My Bike….now What!?!

Guest ASEViffer

Guest ASEViffer

Can anyone tell me what to do next…do I take it to the auto body shop to make sure it is still straight and can handle high speeds? Should I try to get it totaled and make the B#$%^ get me a new bike? Any advice is sure helpful! Thanks

Mike

:pissed:

Now what?!

You body slam him on his front yard, take his car from him, take his wife and family too and call it even!................Ooops, that's the old Viking/Hunnic way of dealing with it!

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer
Can anyone tell me what to do next…do I take it to the auto body shop to make sure it is still straight and can handle high speeds? Should I try to get it totaled and make the B#$%^ get me a new bike? Any advice is sure helpful! Thanks

Mike

Did he just tip it over or did he drive over it?

How bad is the damage?

Is he willing to make good or have you called the cops and made a report?

So many questions...

• Member Contributer

you call your insurance agent, and you get his car insurance agents name and call him too.

• Member Contributer

Mike

Did it just fall over or did they run it over? Do they have insurance? More info please, mine fell over once, left side, the bill was 3800.00 to repair

Mike

Did it just fall over or did they run it over? Do they have insurance? More info please, mine fell over once, left side, the bill was 3800.00 to repair

+1.gif Us AZ dudes think alike. Treat it as an actual accident - what's the difference of backing into a motorcycle than backing into an automobile. Get their insurance and submit it as a claim on them. Then move away... :goofy:

• Member Contributer
you call your insurance agent,

If s/he has any experience in the business s/he should be able to advise you. Help with situations like this is part of what you pay them for.

It is a good thing that you weren't on it at the time.

How bad is the damage?

Did you see this happen?

What did the neighbor say?

Guest ASEViffer

Mike

Insurance is notified and the cops did their usuall shoddy job. She scrapped up the right side tore off the rear brake peddle and then the bike fell over on its left side taking off the mirror clutch lever heli bars on the end scratched and almost all cowlings scratched and oil case on right side scratched. OOOOOOO that B^%&*!!!!!

• Member Contributer

Insurance is notified and the cops did their usuall shoddy job. She scrapped up the right side tore off the rear brake peddle and then the bike fell over on its left side taking off the mirror clutch lever heli bars on the end scratched and almost all cowlings scratched and oil case on right side scratched. OOOOOOO that B^%&*!!!!!

Dang, which model Hummer was she driving?

Mike

It happens, as long as it wasn't on purpose you'll get over the shock of it happening in the first place. :goofy:

Be civil, she is your neighbor. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Mike

Sounds like that should be enough to total it, if they do, take the money, retain salvage, and make some money by fixing it yourself, i made 1100.00 on mine. That took a little of the pain away

Where do you live? I'm sure someone on this board would be happy to help you, if in Az Let me know.

Guest ASEViffer

Mike

Sounds like that should be enough to total it, if they do, take the money, retain salvage, and make some money by fixing it yourself, i made 1100.00 on mine. That took a little of the pain away

Where do you live? I'm sure someone on this board would be happy to help you, if in Az Let me know.

Colorado.

Guest ASEViffer

Mike

Colorado.

Do they still have the matt black color?

Also I really like Beck's idea.....Any suggestions on how to get away with it? :blink:

Yes she is my neighbor. so any way.....

Thanks guys for you help and humor!

Do they still have the matt black color?

Also I really like Beck's idea.....Any suggestions on how to get away with it? :pissed:

Yes she is my neighbor. so any way.....

Thanks guys for you help and humor!

No worries, you can easily get any part needed from Honda. :thumbsup:

Take a breath and get an estimate from the Ins. adjuster or Dealer, without knowing how much damage you have No idea what to do or how to deal with it. Everything will be a simple bolt on replacement, so if you get an estimate, collect a check and repair it yourself.

Order the parts here Call them at 800-785-6761 (OH) for OEM parts, free shipping over $100 and around 30% off retail. You'll make money on the parts and they also pay you $60-80 hr for labor at shop rates.

You will come out like a bandit and have a grand or two for Bling, so don't worry, be happy! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

%201.gif

Mike

It happens, as long as it wasn't on purpose you'll get over the shock of it happening in the first place. :goofy:

Be civil, she is your neighbor. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Go the insurance route. It will lessen the chance for bad feelings later. That way, whatever the out come, the insurance company will settle it.

• Member Contributer

My insurance company "totaled" my old 750 Highthawk when the wind blew it over in a wild storm. I was NOT prepared for that... but I took the cash and put it towards a newer bike. The insurance company would NOT insure the bike with a reconstructed title after salvage. Just liability - no comp / collision. I might have made a different choice if I were nt so shocked - I liked that bike and I could not repalce it for what I was paid.

Two weeks ago a woman backed into me at a traffic light as she tried to trigger the light to change... a micro scrap above the turn signal (6th generation) and it was declared an unreportable accident IF the two parties settled. And we did. Upper cowl - $550 US and $120 for the local shop to install - $670 total and I'm off to find some touch up paint.

Ron Ayers is a great place to start looking for parts that are scraped up...

Will your neighbor "settle" and pay to to repair the bike? The insurance company won't walk away from the accident once it is reported. So sit down and think things over before you cross the point of no return with the insurance people. It might keep things calm if a third party settles things... sorry to hear about the accident!

• Member Contributer
Baileyrock, you seem rather calm for this one. Whats UP? :D

Hey, it's not my bike! :lol:

wink.gif

ps what are you trying to say? :goofy:

He's always calm while he circles like a vulture just in case there's gonna' be a settlement with a "buy-back"................ :pissed: ......J/K......(sort of)............... :P

Archived