Rear Peg Brackets

Guest arm1151

Guest arm1151

I realy like the look of my 6 gen with-out the rear peg brackets.

I never carry passengers, as my bride rides her own bike.

I do some long road trips 3,000 -6,000 miles and need to carry my rear sport bag. The rear brackets offer an ideal attaching point for the bunge hooks.

I just purchased an extra set of brackets off e-bay for my bike and intend to cut off what I consider to be extra metal. This will allow me to hook my bag, have a handle to help get the bike on the center stand and clean up the rear of the bike - imo.

Have any of you fine folks done this? Got any pics of this mod? What did you use to cut it with? Thank ya'll.

I do some long road trips 3,000 -6,000 miles and need to carry my rear sport bag. The rear brackets offer an ideal attaching point for the bunge hooks.

I just purchased an extra set of brackets off e-bay for my bike and intend to cut off what I consider to be extra metal. This will allow me to hook my bag, have a handle to help get the bike on the center stand and clean up the rear of the bike - imo.

Have any of you fine folks done this? Got any pics of this mod? What did you use to cut it with? Thank ya'll.

If you have a good compressed air source, the ideal tool is a pneumatic rotary cut-off tool that you see used a lot by the Tuetles in their "American Chopper" shows. Good fast clean cuts. But if you're more like the most of us that have only a Dremel with cut-off discs, that will work too, but it will take you about ten times longer to do the cuts. You can also use a hacksaw to complement the dremel to speed up the bigger cuts a bit. I know, I cut down rear peg brackets i bought from eBay for my 4th gen about two years ago. Very nice results, but I wouldn't want to do it again on another bike anytime soongallery_285_20_57497.jpg

MVC-014F.JPG

Beck

95 VFRgallery_285_20_54621.jpg

VFR with ZG DB Right side Right Side view

gallery_285_20_18149.jpg

VFR with ZG DB left side

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

One thing to keep in mind: if you go down, the pegs do a nice job keeping your tail fairing and muffler off the pavement.

Guest hustond

Do you think my wife would mind if I did this (Yes she has to ride, part of the deal)?

Joe - I want the red pin stripes on my 97 - how, where did you get it done?

• Member Contributer

I have done it, and it improves the look, especially on the right side where it allows an unobstructed view of the SSSA/ Wheel. I also powder coated the modified brackets black to disappear into my asphalt paint scheme. Unfortunately, I just mounted my original ones back up, getting ready for a trip with the wife, or I would go take a picture of it for you now.

Guest arm1151

Thanks for the replys. Sure would like to see some 6th gen. VFR's. I reckon I'll be seeing mine by the end of this comim' week as my brackets should be here on Tuesday the 19th. Powder coatin' 'em black sounds like the ticket. Thanks ya'll

Find someone with a bandsaw, that'll work best. Then use a file or an angle grinder with a sanding disc to clean them up. Satin black Rustoleum blends perfectly with the subframe.

gallery_5444_1301_33003.jpg

Interceptor 068.jpg Chopped pegs

gallery_5444_1301_180145.jpg

Beauty shot Gone is the sail... titanium fender eliminator is done!

:thumbsup:

Guest arm1151

Thanks for the pics and the info. Ya'll are great. :thumbsup:

This why I dig this place --ask a question and get an answer with-in hours.