4th Gen. Vfr/cbr F4i Body Conversion

• 2 weeks later...

well what a awsme bike hobby, fanstastic job, this is almost meking me bin my rc45 farings and go for the cbr i like alot the white very nice. indeed. is the tail just a standrd f4i single? no real dramas puting it on ??

also may be able to answer above post " the cook" the vepor tech dash ive also got one of these bad boys fantastic unit all the bells n whistles took around a couple of hours to install with all the sencors n stuff nice and clean at night ,

loving this post will keep watching

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, im fairly new to bike riding, and i just got my first viffer...looking at bikes and ran accross this site, i got my bike for a steal, my buddy wanted to upgrade and was short on cash and sold me his viffer with all front fairings messed up from his laydown, ive taken off the plastics except the top one that holds the headlights, im trying to read up on how to make my vfr 750 look like a cbr f4i or 600rr and what all is needed to make the transition...anyone with advise or help email me please...thanks

hi everyone, im fairly new to bike riding, and i just got my first viffer...looking at bikes and ran accross this site, i got my bike for a steal, my buddy wanted to upgrade and was short on cash and sold me his viffer with all front fairings messed up from his laydown, ive taken off the plastics except the top one that holds the headlights, im trying to read up on how to make my vfr 750 look like a cbr f4i or 600rr and what all is needed to make the transition...anyone with advise or help email me please...thanks

Start at the beginning of this thread and you will see how to transform it to look just like the F4i. It was not that hard.

How do you like the Vaypor gauges? Were they hard to wire in and get working? There were a few here that tried to install the Koso gauges(I was also going to attempt this), but went with CBR 1000RR Gauges instead.

The Veypor is stupid silly easy to install and wire up. calibration takes a couple trips down the street while pushing buttons, but nothing major. It is extremely lightweight...I think it saved me about 5 1/2 pounds of weight and that is on the very top of the bike. Shaving the 65 pounds off the bike transformed it into a great handling bike, doesn't even feel like a VFR

It may be time for me to follow in Marty's footsteps as well. Just picked up a '96 that has no bodywork, and still have my F4i track plastic in the upstairs of my garage... :laugh:

With your fabrication skills, the only thing stopping you is the other 5 bike projects you have going on at the same time. tongue.gif

WOW! :laugh: NIIIICE!

Seriously inspirational job you have done there. Did you have do do anything special to use the Dzus fastners like installing new Dzus rails? did you have to buy rails for them?

The race bodywork kit has the holes already in it for the Dzus fasteners, so all you have to do is rivet the fasteners into the bodywork, and WALLAH....done.

It may be time for me to follow in Marty's footsteps as well. Just picked up a '96 that has no bodywork, and still have my F4i track plastic in the upstairs of my garage... :goofy:

With your fabrication skills, the only thing stopping you is the other 5 bike projects you have going on at the same time. tongue.gif

Ain't that the truth! I spoke too soon anyway - I got another 96 that's getting stock stuff and the first one is getting streetfighter naked treatment. :biggrin:

It may be time for me to follow in Marty's footsteps as well. Just picked up a '96 that has no bodywork, and still have my F4i track plastic in the upstairs of my garage... :goofy:

Ain't that the truth! I spoke too soon anyway - I got another 96 that's getting stock stuff and the first one is getting streetfighter naked treatment. :fing02:

Where in the world are you getting all this money to buy bike after bike? I envy guys like you who only have 1 hobby to devote all their money to. You're my hero. :ph34r: tongue.gif

Where in the world are you getting all this money to buy bike after bike? I envy guys like you who only have 1 hobby to devote all their money to. You're my hero. :biggrin: tongue.gif

That's easy - it didn't take a lot of money. I got very lucky - twice! :beer:

Where in the world are you getting all this money to buy bike after bike? I envy guys like you who only have 1 hobby to devote all their money to. You're my hero. :biggrin: tongue.gif

That's easy - it didn't take a lot of money. I got very lucky - twice! :beer:

Hell, then lets start playing the lottery together. :beer:

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Sounds gooood. :idea3: Can we have a longer clip with more reving... plus more screaming at the end also? :offtopic:

Here is a short video clip of the fire spitting VFR with it's unique Micron Ultralite Titanium muffler ( that weighs 1 1/2 lbs. ) :offtopic:

No comments on the video? sad.gif

Sounds very tasty, wish it were longer & outdoors! :idea3:

Guest Electrodynamic

I can take more videos of the exhaust once I get the bike back. I'm getting new fork springs, fork oil, chain, sprockets, and tires (Pilot Power in the rear and Pilot Power 2ct up front) installed this week. :cheerleader:

Guest slowjoe64

Sounds very tasty, wish it were longer & outdoors! :cool:

Ask and you shall receive! +1.gif

Nice job. The thing I will probably go for is the F4i seat on a 94 frame I have. I have a Yosh pipe on my running 92 that sounds very close to the Micron.

• 2 months later...
Guest rc36Honda

I seriously admire the dedication and the workmanship that has gone into this project, but I have to ask myself, why? Why would you want to junk the very distinctive and attractive 4th Gen bodywork and turn the bike into one that looks like every other sportsbike on the road? To me, it just doesn't make sense.

I seriously admire the dedication and the workmanship that has gone into this project, but I have to ask myself, why? Why would you want to junk the very distinctive and attractive 4th Gen bodywork and turn the bike into one that looks like every other sportsbike on the road? To me, it just doesn't make sense.

Probably because they either wrecked the bike, or bought it as a wreck, and 1994 vintage bodywork is getting harder and harder to find?

Probably because they either wrecked the bike, or bought it as a wreck, and 1994 vintage bodywork is getting harder and harder to find?

Or the pursuit of making the bike lighter. Stock bodywork on the 4th gen weighs a ton!

Guest rc36Honda

I can certainly understand that having had to source some bodywork recently.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Electrodynamic

We didn't buy the bike wrecked. The bike was perfect and had 6k miles on it when my dad purchased it. At one point or another we both laid the bike down on the same side, so after a while we started sourcing body panels for it. And while sourcing panels, we decided to get rid of all that weight and transform the look of the bike too. The weight reduction idea started with the all-in-one gauge and it exploded from there. In the end we took off close to 70 lbs from stock trim (most of it was reduced up top, which makes a huge improvement in the handling). I also don't think it looks like "every other sportsbike" either. Single sided swingarm, hidden lights, solid paint job, and lets not forget the sound! :) It handles great and sounds like no other sports bike out there.

Edited by Electrodynamic