Scorpion Exo-1000...

Daniel Paul

• Member Contributer

My first thought was "how cool" but if you have to pump and release everytime, it's certainly not for me.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the link, I can't wait to see the EXO-1000 in person.

:pissed: on the internal visor. No more swapping shields between day and night riding! Plus they look cool, fighter pilot cool.

• Member Contributer

yea, what they said about the sun visor.. if it works as advertised, that would be worth checking into.

• Member Contributer

:goofy: on the internal visor. No more swapping shields between day and night riding! Plus they look cool, fighter pilot cool.

:+2:

Since I can't figure out how to get the visor off of my Arai, I want one of these really bad.

:goofy: on the internal visor. No more swapping shields between day and night riding! Plus they look cool, fighter pilot cool.

:+2:

Since I can't figure out how to get the visor off of my Arai, I want one of these really bad.

Here ya go!

http://www.araiamericas.com/Support/video/intro_small.wmv

• Member Contributer

Thanks for that. It is just a intro to the real video, but it was good enough to get the visor off, so I could polish/wax it. Hopefully I can get it back on after the wax dries. :goofy:

Even knowing how the shield comes off the Arai, I still would rather have the internal shield. Looks sweet. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum CEO

I have a Scorpion 700 for a couple of years now. Last year at the Texas Mac ride I dropped the darned thing after I took it off. Sitting at the crossroads on Warwoman road It fell off my seat and broke the latch! I looked all over the net and all the local dealers for replacement parts with no luck. A couple of weeks a ago I emailed Scorpion USA and told them I was looking for a dealer who stocked the parts, NO ANSWER for two weeks - then I get this package in the mail NEW HELMET PARTS! NO QUESTIONS ASKED! they just gave me some replacement parts for free! Way to go Scorpion USA! I have been very happy with this helmet, half the price of my Arai, better fit, removable washable liner, fog resistant visor, easy snap on visor system, just as quiet? HALF THE PRICE!

When this 1000 comes out I will be looking at it seriously! I have a flip up nolan too that is rather uncomfortable on long rides so I will be looking for good helmet, I like it cause it has a flip down dark visor but its on the outside so it gets all gunked up with bugs, then when you flip it up and down the dead bugs scratch up the inside visor - Scorpion has thiers inside the helmet so its out of the line of flying bugs.

• Member Contributer

I think Bike and Riddell should be credited for this "idea" before Reebok. After many seasons of playing football in the dead of winter, I can tell you air bladders can become extremely stiff when they are cold. The good news is it looks like the bladders in this system are covered with thick pads. Still, it is something to consider... :pissed:

I have visited their headquarters in Lake Forest when I picked up my EXO-700 and VX-17 helmets. They were extremely nice to speak with and meet in person. I missed out on ordering an EXO-1000 by about two weeks. It is a very neat helmet and feels very similar to the 700. The addition of the sunshield makes buying their shapeshifter visor not needed.

I have been quite impressed with the 700 so far, and really really like the VX-17 for the KTM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I wonder how heavy this thing is. The Suomy I have now is really spoiling me, being as light as it is, I can hardly tell it is there most of the time. I really do like the SunVisor, that'll be an industry standard before you know it.

Archived