Wilbers On A 4th Gen

jstanwood

• Member Contributer
Parker,

Glad you took the step to bring back some suspension into your realtionship!

Me too :P

Pictures (springs a purple right?) are in order!

Actually the spring is blue :beer:

http://tinyurl.com/2f4r52

http://tinyurl.com/25oqzc

Edited by Parker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer
Actually the spring is blue :beer:

http://tinyurl.com/2f4r52

http://tinyurl.com/25oqzc

Now I'm beginning to doubt my statements and perhaps am mixing things with Hyperpro.....

anyway, looking good!

Hi Dutchy,

This has been in my mind a lot recently, as I've just had my Ohlins off to get the spring preload adjusted by my good mate GreenVFR of the UK site:

the install you have done looks wrong to me..my ohlins has both the remote canister and the hydraulic preload, and it fits with the preload adjuster mounted to the threaded hole in the subframe near the pillion peg mount, but behind the peg out of the way. The remote cannioster fits by the jubilee clips to the rear right subframe behind the rear brake reservoir. It actually is covered by the rear plastics, but of course, should really not need any adjustment once set.

naturally I have no pics of this, but the shock will be being refitted this week, so I'll try to make sure it's clearer. The union bolt comes out of the front of the shock on my install. You may of course be perfectly happy with what you have done- but the hose doubling back into the rear of the canister screams at me..

Sorry..

Hi Dutchy,

This has been in my mind a lot recently, as I've just had my Ohlins off to get the spring preload adjusted by my good mate GreenVFR of the UK site:

the install you have done looks wrong to me..my ohlins has both the remote canister and the hydraulic preload, and it fits with the preload adjuster mounted to the threaded hole in the subframe near the pillion peg mount, but behind the peg out of the way. The remote cannioster fits by the jubilee clips to the rear right subframe behind the rear brake reservoir. It actually is covered by the rear plastics, but of course, should really not need any adjustment once set.

naturally I have no pics of this, but the shock will be being refitted this week, so I'll try to make sure it's clearer. The union bolt comes out of the front of the shock on my install. You may of course be perfectly happy with what you have done- but the hose doubling back into the rear of the canister screams at me..

Sorry..

Dang it, pics would be a huge help here, as the Wilber's shock I'm getting has the same set up as yours, however both Dutchy and I have high mount exhausts, so in that case how do I mount my other remote reservoir???

Edited by douglasthecook

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Dutchy,

Sorry..

Dang it, pics would be a huge help here, as the Wilber's shock I'm getting has the same set up as yours, however both Dutchy and I have high mount exhausts, so in that case how do I mount my other remote reservoir???

Ok, so finally got around to re-fitting bits'n'pieces on my bike - here's the skinny on the Ohlins fitment..

Here's the remote preload adjuster: 30032008059.jpg

and the remote reservoir : 30032008058.jpg

The clicker on the remote reservoir can only be adjusted once the seat is removed, but I see that as a bonus. It fits neatly under the seat plastics.

Rod