Syed Leathers

jeremy556

• Member Contributer

Slow night on the board, so here’s my first impression of a new set of Syed leathers.

I just received Syed one piece racing suit. I must say I am impressed, very high quality, and it fits just perfect. I have never had any motorcycle gear that fit worth a damn, it has always been very uncomfortable because of my height. I usually have to sew stirrups into my pants to keep the knee padding below my crotch, but causes a lot of discomfort in feet, knees, and back.

The built in back protector is not quite as robust as I was hoping for after looking at other manufacturers products so I may replace it. Other than that small issue I will highly recommend Syed; while I haven’t crash tested them (yet) I have seen plenty that have and they have stood up well.

• Member Contributer
Congrats on the leathers! You know the drill. It does not exist without pictures... :P

it is just white and black, not a whole lot to look at really. I'll go snap a pic or two soon.

• Member Contributer
Did you do a custom suit or just off the rack?

custom. everything I could find had like a 30" inseam, then went up to a 32" inseam once you have like a 40" waist. I am 34x36 and have never found anything that even comes close to fitting properly. The longest off the shelf pants that I could find that fit in the wasit had the knee pads at my mid thigh when in a riding position.

• Member Contributer
custom. everything I could find had like a 30" inseam, then went up to a 32" inseam once you have like a 40" waist. I am 34x36 and have never found anything that even comes close to fitting properly. The longest off the shelf pants that I could find that fit in the wasit had the knee pads at my mid thigh when in a riding position.

That's cool!

It seems like the pricing is pretty good too.

You can kind of tell by the distance from the crotch to the knee compared to other suits the trouble I was having.

syed1.jpg

syed2.jpg

You guys ever hear the term, "five-body trunk"? Well, that right there is a four-cow suit!! :blink:

• Member Contributer

Looks great. I have the same pants size as you, and am looking at getting the Alpinestars Track Pants which are available in Long sizes this year. You didn't have a chance to try those, did you? I can fit in a standard jacket OK, although the waist is always a bit big. A custom suit would be aboiut twice as much, and would be nicer I'm sure, so I haven't decided which way to go.

• Member Contributer
You guys ever hear the term, "five-body trunk"? Well, that right there is a four-cow suit!! :goofy:

i should hope so, they charged me extra for oversize

Looks great. I have the same pants size as you, and am looking at getting the Alpinestars Track Pants which are available in Long sizes this year. You didn't have a chance to try those, did you? I can fit in a standard jacket OK, although the waist is always a bit big. A custom suit would be aboiut twice as much, and would be nicer I'm sure, so I haven't decided which way to go.

i did not try those. pretty much same for me on the jacket, but the arms are usually a bit too short and the waist is a little high and too big around.

i would spring for custom, i figure the comfort for the amount of time i will wear it is worth the extra expense. i had a jump suit recently made custom and was amazed that something could fit me so well. i had not really realized before how poorly other things fit until i had something that was made for me, which is what gave me the idea/motivation to do the custom leathers. I was aprehensive about the cost and i didn't think i would like the color combo a whole lot, but it turned out better than i expected and i am very happy with it, which is a rare occurance. smile.gif

• Member Contributer

I have seen Syed's work crash tested and it is some of the most robust construction you will find. Had a guy slide to a stop from about 65mph and he had no loss of integrity in the seams and minimal rashing. Took the suit back and when they were done you could not tell it ever happened.

Syed was the head custom suit maker for Vanson for years, he set out on his own and builds a better product at a lower cost.

Archived