Its back!!!

1TallTXn

After far to long, way too much work, and far more money invested then I wanted to spend; she?s back on the road again.

For those of you that missed what happened, here?s the original thread.

Another One Bites The Dust (on STn)

And since nothing exists around here with out pictures, here?s proof

20nk.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

48pn1.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

15pw1.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

03go.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

So there you have it.

I?ve got a trip planned to Arkansas the end of this week.

And yes, I?m going to be doing a lot of shake-down riding to make sure its up for it between now and then.

• Member Contributer

VFR's look really good in blue! Why don't they sell that color in the US? The paint turned out awesome on your bike!

Thanks all! I really think it looks great in blue, its a completely different bike!

I guess Honda thinks that all American's like Red better then the other colors <shrug>

I paid $330 for the paint. we had the remainder of the materials so that made it cheaper. I would think that having somebody else did it it would run something on the order of $1500-$2000. not really sure, but its just a guess

GASP!!!! It's a Mustang (I just threw up a little in my mouth, I think) '71 notchback. 71-73 was the last body style of the Trans-Am era Mustangs...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks vfrmonkey! its a '71, I don't know how many people have called it a AMX from that pic!

I'm really loving the blue on the VFR! took it for a ~1400 mi ride into arkansas a few weeks ago and she ran like a top.

lost a bolt from the sidestand and wound up laying her down in a parking lot, but i've got it all fixed. (just scratches)

so with the new Avon's she's all ready for summer!

GASP!!!! It's a Mustang (I just threw up a little in my mouth, I think) '71 notchback. 71-73 was the last body style of the Trans-Am era Mustangs...

I so apologize. I just hit myself in the head with a hammer. Really, I know better. I must have been drinking.

I still like the blue on the bike though! Now if you could just park it in front of an AMX, snap a picture and repost THAT one, I wouldn't look like an idiot.

• Member Contributer
I so apologize.  I just hit myself in the head with a hammer.  Really, I know better.  I must have been drinking.

I still like the blue on the bike though!  Now if you could just park it in front of an AMX, snap a picture and repost THAT one, I wouldn't look like an idiot.

How bout a regular Javelin? I know some guys that have several in great shape and some in not so great shape. Their AMX has been stripped out and turned into a drag car.

I'm not offended at all.

I don't remember the last time I saw either a Javelin or an AMX.

if I happen to run across either one, i'll be sure to stop and take a pic for you wink.gif

• Member Contributer

That Blue looks really good and probably made the bike a whole lot faster too.

Way to go and it is a do it your self paint job. smile.gif

Your talent shouldn't be wasted on just your bike.

vince

Archived