Cheap cruise control

SEBSPEED

Question

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I used that same FJR 1300 install write-up too. I fashioned my Vacuum Canister from his specs and just cut it to fit up right in front of the seat rear lock receptacle. You have to be careful using the "accel" function above 5500 RPM's because it will accelerate out from under you if you are not expecting it.

I used that same FJR 1300 install write-up too. I fashioned my Vacuum Canister from his specs and just cut it to fit up right in front of the seat rear lock receptacle. You have to be careful using the "accel" function above 5500 RPM's because it will accelerate out from under you if you are not expecting it.

I ended up using the OEM vacuum canister that's attached to the front of the airbox. Since I disabled my flapper, I figured I might as well use it for the cruise control.

Yeah, I try not to hold the accel button down too long or else the bike really takes off from ya! :lol:

Guest lgk104

OK, VFRs...I will work on a write up this weekend. I think I will make a video as it would be easier to understand. Please stand by...

• Member Contributer
OK, VFRs...I will work on a write up this weekend. I think I will make a video as it would be easier to understand. Please stand by...

Awesome :idea3: Will this work on a 97 also?

• Member Contributer

I've just purchased one of these... any info on installation would be great.

Thanks,

sPOTO

I've just purchased one of these... any info on installation would be great.

Check these sites:

FJR1300 Install (Used this one the most)

Miata Installation (Has some good info)

'91 Concours Install (More good info)

• Member Contributer
Yes, but I'm not paying over a hundred bucks for them. That's insane. I could make them at work for less than 20 if I wanted to take the time for that.

I would sure like to know what is in the inside of the throttle side and how it works.

How long would you need one?

Yes, but I'm not paying over a hundred bucks for them. That's insane. I could make them at work for less than 20 if I wanted to take the time for that.

I would sure like to know what is in the inside of the throttle side and how it works.

My life's pretty busy right now, I would love to tackle a side project like this, but can't right now. Maybe this winter, before the baby comes...

My life's pretty busy right now, I would love to tackle a side project like this, but can't right now. Maybe this winter, before the baby comes...

Wait a minute, you just got married two weeks ago. Darn you're fast. :goofy:

Hey, I thought you were the one who told me about the NEP throttle lock? I bought one at

Wheelers at the Gap at TexaMac the day it was raining so hard. Anyway, it works like a champ, weighs almost nothing and costs on 20.00 and installs(with some slight grinding away of plastic) in 10 minutes.

You did say "inexpensive" throttle control didn't you? Sounds like the thread is going the opposite way from that.

An o-ring with a large enough width to sit in the groove between your throttle grip and bar weight. Just roll it on the groove, and roll it off onto your bar weight when not needed.

Cant get any more inexpensive then that. Hell, you may have a good sized o-ring already at home. :salesman:

:goofy:

Hey, I thought you were the one who told me about the NEP throttle lock? I bought one at

Wheelers at the Gap at TexaMac the day it was raining so hard. Anyway, it works like a champ, weighs almost nothing and costs on 20.00 and installs(with some slight grinding away of plastic) in 10 minutes.

You did say "inexpensive" throttle control didn't you? Sounds like the thread is going the opposite way from that.

Yup, her due date is either Christmas or New Year's Eve, depending on which source you trust more, doctor or ultrasound. :warranty:

I'm glad you like the NEP lock, it was I that told you about it, those things are worth more than their weight in gold on long rides and trips!!

You know how threads go here on vfrd... :goofy:

Yup, her due date is either Christmas or New Year's Eve, depending on which source you trust more, doctor or ultrasound. :goofy:

Time to start saving for that pocket bike.....I mean college fund. :warranty:

Yup, her due date is either Christmas or New Year's Eve, depending on which source you trust more, doctor or ultrasound. :goofy:

Time to start saving for that pocket bike.....I mean college fund. :warranty:

Yeah, but I should get a better deal if I buy two, right? One for the baby, and one for my 4 yr old? :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Want more info, Just let me know...I am thinking about putting together a DIY guide if there is enough interest.

Stay safe,

Larry

-raises hand- yes please on that DIY guide with pictures!!

OK now......this has veered off course far enough to justify a new thread. Just revive the Audiovox thread that was on here 3 weeks ago.

He wanted an inexpensive cruise control. Crampbusters, throttle rockers, are not cruise controls. Audiovox electronic/vacuum controls are not inexpensive either. <_<

I'm glad you like the NEP lock, it was I that told you about it, those things are worth more than their weight in gold on long rides and trips!!

You know how threads go here on vfrd... :goofy:

+1 on the NEP cheap, took me ten minutes to install and works like a champ, just a flick of the thumb.

vista cruise.... :rolleyes: Cheap, easy to install....hasn't failed me yet. A must for long trips.

Hated the throttlerocker, and like someone elso posted earlier, could get you in trouble in the twisties. IMO, only good for long stretches of slab.... <_<

Archived