what have you done in the hope of increasing the powers

Greetings from Finland

I thought I'd put here a little of what has been done to my beloved motorcycle over the years, especially in terms of power increase.
the first two pictures show the difference between the old configuration between the Delkevic and the original exhaust.
other mods are the same.

-PAIR valve mod, Flapper mod, and airbox mod
-O2 sensors bypassed
-Power Commander V
-Air filter Pipecross
-Iridium plugs
-LeoVince Slip-on.

Dynorun 2023 in the picture
shows the changes made during the last year. Other mods are the same except the original headers catalysator cut off.
-cylinder heads are lowered by 0.4mm
-intake camshafts 8gen.
-Air funnels all long.

In a week there will be another attempt on the dyno. Changes to the old one.
-intake and exhaust camshafts have been increased by 0.8mm more lift
-adjustable camshaft sprockets
-exhaust camshafts 6gen the camshafts are 4 degrees later
-intake camshafts -8gen the camshafts are in their original position
-V-tec system deactivated
-airbox modded (own design)
-Modded Delkevic 4-1 headers to 4-2-1 headers (1 Cyl-4 Cyl. pipes same Collector and equal length.
2cyl-3 Cyl. pipes same Collector and equal length. ) 2/3 cyl. pipes are 10cm longer than pipes 1/4 cyl.
I don't own a tig welding machine, so the exhaust pipe seams are welded with a mig and stick machine and it looks like that 🙂

I haven't been able to do a test drive yet, because the arrival of summer is late and it's too cold outside to go for a ride.

My english is bad so i have used google translator

hp originel headers vs delkevic.jpg

torgue originel headers vs delkevic.jpg

dynorun summer 2023 .jpg

unfinished exhaust pipe.jpeg

finished exhaust pipe.jpeg

20240413_184349.jpg

20240413_184437.jpg

20240413_184506.jpg

airbox top.jpg

airbox under.jpg

vtec parts 1.jpg

vtec parts 2.jpg

20240204_182338.jpg

20240204_182703.jpg

20240204_182709.jpg

+0.8mm lift camshaft and standard camshaft.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I did a small test drive of about 5 kilometers, everything works at least for now. 

I didn't want to go far when the air is like a 4 degrees warm and it's raining a little.
 At the end, I gassed up a little in the yard to the delight of the neighbors.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

You really did quite a bit there. How do you like the defeating of the V-TEC? I kind of did the same, but I did it with putting a 5 Gen engine into my 6 Gen frame, with the added benefit of gear driven cams, I like to hear the gear whine 🙂. You'll definitely have to update us once you get to test ride it.

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer

Amazing, Interesting and clever work you've done. Engine sounds very healthy in the video. Just like Duc2V4, interested in knowing more about disabling VTEC. Does the Power Comander V allow remapping/fueling for continuous 4 valve ops? And what about at the 6800rpm zone which would normally be the 4 valve transition rpm, can you modify that zone?

• Member Contributer

I was thinking how different it sounds to my 5th gens. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, bmart said:

I was thinking how different it sounds to my 5th gens. 

Yep, nice quiet cams! Oops, did I say something wrong??:fing02:

• Member Contributer
52 minutes ago, Grum said:

Yep, nice quiet cams! Oops, did I say something wrong??:fing02:

Moderator! Ban this heathen!

• Haha 2

• Member Contributer

That sounds like the sound of spring 😁

Someone (sorry their name escapes me)or on VFRworld, did a high tune up on a 6th gen motor circa 2009 ish. Similar to this but more so, got 120hp IIRC. Replaced Vtec valves with non-Vtec ones, skimmed the head for higher compression, retimed the valves. Plus intake & exhaust changes. 

Removing the V-Tec valve is quite simple.  
The machine itself fits the pins into the valve locking hole. 
they can be of such a size that the spring goes to the bottom
 (the valve now catches the pin and cannot move through the v-tec valve) 
and the other end of the pin is stuck on the inner edge of the valve cup so it cannot move. 
after that, just to the dyno to adjust the fuel mixture. 
I turned the holes suitable for the adjustment pieces in the upper end of the v-tec, 
because when I machined all the cams of the camshafts for more lift, otherwise the v-tec valves would have too big clearances.
Power commander fuel maps can be adjusted as long as there is a dyno bench and a competent guy doing it.

vtec valve mod.png

• Like 1

Well, the first dyno didn't go very well, horsepower dropped by 7hp and torque by 5nm over the entire rev range.
We stated that we need to set the timing of the exhaust cams to the original numbers and try again.
On Sunday, I adjusted the exhaust camshafts to the original numbers and did some test drives, 
the 3rd cylinder plug broke during the first test and the 2nd cylinder plug broke during the second test. 
The third test went very well, although the air was so cold that I didn't feel like going far for a ride when it was 2 degrees Celsius warm. 
I ordered new plugs and the dyno will be back in a week. 
I just started to wonder if the old plugs had any effect on the first dyno pull when the result was so bad.
So I can't say anything specific about the test drive yet, I need to get more miles under it.