Oldie but Goodie

RVFR

It's been a while, though busy, I'm not too much out of the loop. Now the fun is,  I just landed a nice original owner 86 VF1000r to tinker with that has 60k on it. It has the lower faring but the previous owner didn't care for it and it also ran cooler so he says,  Ok but it's going back on once I get all the details figured out as it runs rough.  So first thing, dive into the Carbs, then suspension, possible brakes then onto upgrades, which may turn into tires, wheels and exhaust. As I spotted some interesting in that if they are to be.   This is going to be fun. Yes!!  Might have to wheel in Capt. into this since he's sorta in the neighborhood 😉

20240108_152610.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the new-to-you bike!  It looks like it's in decent shape for its age and mileage.  Good luck getting it to 100%  👍

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

@Dutchy

Do you recognize this exhaust?

VF1000 header collector.jpeg

'Fraid not....

Raymond? @TheDutchy

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

@Dutchy

Do you recognize this exhaust?

VF1000 header collector.jpeg

VF750S or F or VF500 replacement collectors possibly Motad !?

I replied to the picture, but see you have a VF1000, so probably Motad if in UK/Europe 

That's what it says in the VFRW thread,  then once at their site I need to understand Dutch. or fnd one that does 😉

On 1/9/2024 at 9:49 PM, RVFR said:

That's what it says in the VFRW thread,  then once at their site I need to understand Dutch. or fnd one that does 😉

My name might not be @Dutchy , but my nationality is 🙃

If i can help you out, let me know.

Thanks, cool    Ok, here is the site that was said to have them, but this is from 6 years ago,  so who knows, but sure would be sweat to see if they did.  It is a header collector for the 85-86 VF1000r  I have no part#  Yet here's a  photo I grabbed from off the VFRW site. https://www.boonstramotoren.nl/en

VF1000r collector.jpeg

• Member Contributer

I just sent them an email with the picture attached inquiring about any details or availability.

15 hours ago, RVFR said:

Thanks, cool    Ok, here is the site that was said to have them, but this is from 6 years ago,  so who knows, but sure would be sweat to see if they did.  It is a header collector for the 85-86 VF1000r  I have no part#  Yet here's a  photo I grabbed from off the VFRW site. https://www.boonstramotoren.nl/en

VF1000r collector.jpeg

Boonstra has a (secondhand) parts shop, which was previously called Boonstra too. It has been rebranded like a year ago to baboon.eu.

See https://www.baboon.eu/en/parts/mke=honda/mdl=vf+1000+r+vf1000r+sc16 for parts for the 1000r, however no exhaust parts are currently listed.

seems like the part you pictured was made by JAMA exhaust systems (see the 7th picture here for a picture of one in way worse shape with the mention of JAMA)

JAMA has gone bankrupt in 2012 (news article)

• Like 1