New member from the Netherlands, 4th gen VFR750 RC36-2 '94

Pennywise

Hi there,

Since September I'm the proud owner of this 1994 VFR 750. 

It's pretty much original, except for the High mounted Laser exhaust. I haven't ridden it much yet, since I'm more of a summer driver but it's a nice step up from my 1993 Suzuki GS500 that was a money pit (shouldn't have bought it, but didn't know much about it back then).

At the same time a friend of my parents wanted to get rid of his red 1990 VFR 750, this was a USA imported one, and sat still for 5 years.

It had some nice WP front fork springs (not sure if the valves had been changed) So I bought it for 100 euros and parted that one out.

I kept the rear wheel, springs, lights, indicators and some other stuff that might come in handy for my bike. 

I've already done a few things, polishing, USA style Red indicators, new dash-clock (old one broke), LED lights.
Got a few things planned aswell, New radiator with thermostat + AS3 silicone hoses (It doesn't go above 1/4, I already read that the VFR's tend stay under the middle of the indicator).

Removed the centre stand since I have a paddock stand and it looks better without and saves some weight. 

Some other things I'm planning on doing in the next few weeks Dark tinted windscreen, vfr800 mirrors and I'm planning on getting that 3rd gen rear wheel and an extra front wheel powdercoated in gold. 

I'm also checking to do VTR1000 fork swap to get some better front brakes, but this is something that isn't neccesarily planned for 2024.

PXL_20231013_123930870.jpg

PXL_20231013_124009717.jpg

• Like 6

• Member Contributer

Welkom!

Als je met VTR1000 de "F" bedoelt en niet de "SP1" of "SP2", dan zal je niet veel winnen...

8 spoker makes for a looker

IMAG3917.thumb.jpg.7016dafafebc840d368b2ad358e77f23.jpg.cf96130ccfab30110a9e2fd1244aba83.jpg

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Welkom!

Als je met VTR1000 de "F" bedoelt en niet de "SP1" of "SP2", dan zal je niet veel winnen...

8 spoker makes for a looker

IMAG3917.thumb.jpg.7016dafafebc840d368b2ad358e77f23.jpg.cf96130ccfab30110a9e2fd1244aba83.jpg

Dag Dutchy, in de afgelopen maanden ben ik veel van je berichten tegengekomen, heb er veel van geleerd.  En inderdaad het zou voor de firestorm vork zijn. Ik wil het niet te lastig maken maar het leek me een relatief goedkope mod, met wat betere remmen. En die Nisin 4 pots zien er gewoon te gek uit!

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, bmart said:

That looks so much better than stock! Nice work. 

The 4th gen was available in a pearl black in 1994, and a metallic black in 1995 (albeit not in the USA), but I note the absence of decals on the bodywork.  Could have been removed?

Ciao,

JZH

49 minutes ago, JZH said:

The 4th gen was available in a pearl black in 1994, and a metallic black in 1995 (albeit not in the USA), but I note the absence of decals on the bodywork.  Could have been removed?

Ciao,

JZH

I have no Idea how they removed the decals but it looks great imo, the fairings still have a tiny bit of purple sparkle, the tank has a lot more sparkle, but I think I need to practice my polishing a little more to make the fairings match the tank  a little more. I did caught a few tiny rust spots where the paint chipped because of stones I think. 

• Member Contributer

Sounds like the US 1992 VFR *PB184MU* GRANITE BLUE METALLIC.  Its a Pearl "Black" with blue metallic flakes sprayed over a Purple base coat.

You can check under your seat and see if the original Paint Code sticker is there.

Careful, the tank will have more clearcoat than the rest of the bike and is more resilient to polishing.  Also, the graphics on the tank are clearcoated over (if original), but not on the rest of the bike, so graphics can be removed.

Before:

PXL_20220410_215031408_MP.thumb.jpg.a78d937b8c8df7ecfee31414f86405da.jpg

After:

PXL_20230922_182733387.thumb.jpg.dddd3b96fa20597697c77696a98a6365.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 11/27/2023 at 10:15 PM, Pennywise said:

I have no Idea how they removed the decals but it looks great imo, the fairings still have a tiny bit of purple sparkle, the tank has a lot more sparkle, but I think I need to practice my polishing a little more to make the fairings match the tank  a little more. I did caught a few tiny rust spots where the paint chipped because of stones I think. 

If it's not a re-spray, then it is probably colour code RP-147P, Pearl rasberry black (a Euro-spec 1994 colour).  As Captain mentioned, there should be a white sticker under the seat with the paint code.  The paint code can also be found under the number plate on the rear fender, though that label is often missing.  Looks great anyway!

Ciao,

JZH

On 12/3/2023 at 12:50 AM, JZH said:

If it's not a re-spray, then it is probably colour code RP-147P, Pearl rasberry black (a Euro-spec 1994 colour).  As Captain mentioned, there should be a white sticker under the seat with the paint code.  The paint code can also be found under the number plate on the rear fender, though that label is often missing.  Looks great anyway!

Ciao,

JZH

I might've been a bit vague with the way I put it, but it's definately pearl raspberry black, I already found the sticker after I removed the seat cover during purchase and it indeed said RP-147P. This is very clearly visible on the tank in sunlight. However the fairings don't have the same amount of purple sparkle it seems, but like I said I think it needs some polishing to make it come back to life again.

Good to know the stickers on the fairings can be removed, if I ever haddalayherdown I know I can replicate the look with different black fairings.