'14 Streetfighter

Marutukku

Wasn't planning to showcase too much, but hard work is nice to showcase at the end of the day. 

Quick history of the bike: 

Bought in June of 21, I enjoyed it that summer, fall and winter, right up until a Prius decided it wanted into the parking lot to my right, turned into me and totaled my poor 8th gen. 

After a 4mo recovery, physical, emotional and some financial turbulence, I settled on rebuilding as a streetfighter.

Looking to have it back on the road in another week or two. 

Teasers before it's shakedown and full picture dump. 

20230819_210236.jpg

20230819_210325.jpg

20230819_210407.jpg

20230819_210452.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Member Contributer

Who doesn't like pie cuts on an exhaust? 

It looks good so far and I'm betting you know the wheel has that dent in it. I can't wait to see more tail pics. 

18 hours ago, Thumbs said:

You have a damaged wheel 

IMG_0483.jpeg

As long as the bead is still holding air, I'd run with it... Source, I've done so in the past on a bike with the front wheel after a good pothole strike did similar. 😐

• Like 1

I've got some replacement used OEM in a box with other parts, I need to fab a couple of stands still. 

The wiring took forever as a combination of not wanting to screw it up, trying to stay motivated to keep at it, and keep it clean enough for the finished look. Still not as tidy as just making my own harness, but I'm happy enough with it. 

image.thumb.png.0365b36f37c6dad6342b364b622c3c17.png
Couple screen snips from a video I took after getting it home that fateful day.
image.thumb.png.3727e09d024f0cd077b57c52665d03c1.png

Prius decided they wanted into Parking lot, while I was crossing the intersection. Fun fact: Ferry traffic is responsible for yeilding to local traffic, even though if it is crossing over it's lane. Thus I was marked as 100% at fault for the cause of the accident since 'I am to ensure the intersection is clear before proceeding'.

Fate with Prius.png

Edited by Marutukku
MS Paint addition.

• 1 month later...

Life with 3.5 and 1 year old boys is not the easiest. Couple months behind schedule, but these will get a final wipe down and bolt up tomorrow. With luck it'll go smooth enough to get a first startup with the test can (cheap 'SC Project' 8" off Amazon)

image.thumb.png.5698dee76e1eb3bfdb98cc1944e2b86a.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 8/19/2023 at 9:33 PM, Marutukku said:

Looking to have it back on the road in another week or two. 

Teasers before it's shakedown and full picture dump. 

My compliments to your tenacity and seeing through a project this involved. Your exhaust work and headlight choice show you know how to use tools.