Laid Up Insurance - UK

Skids

• Member Contributer

Does anyone UK-based have any recommendations for Laid Up insurance for the 5th Gen I'm going to buy please?

I've had a couple of quotes, both of which seem stupidly high to me. One of them costs more per year than it costs me to insure my VFR800X which I ride for more than 10k miles a year.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

The VJMC have an insurance scheme worked out with a couple of companies as listed in their magazine, you also get discounts on parts when you’re a member 

• Member Contributer

No worries, found it thanks. 

I'll give them a try. 

Any others anyone? 

• Member Contributer

Mine's called a massive Pragmasis 19mm chain, a Squire SS65 padlock, a concreted-in ground anchor and a hungry 90lb dog.

(Okay, I made up the dog part.)

(But, who's gonna steal a VFR800?)

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, JZH said:

Mine's called a massive Pragmasis 19mm chain, a Squire SS65 padlock, a concreted-in ground anchor and a hungry 90lb dog.

(Okay, I made up the dog part.)

(But, who's gonna steal a VFR800?)

Ciao,

JZH

It was as much fire & theft cover as anything else. Doubt they'll be able to steal it with wheels & suspension removed.  😆  :beer:

• Member Contributer

Why not just add additional bikes to your existing policy ? Got 3 bikes on mine, doesn't cost much more & they work on the principle that you can only ride one at a time.

• Member Contributer

It isn't like that here. We get a small multivehicle discount, but you pay nearly 100% for everything. It is really stupid. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Why not just add additional bikes to your existing policy ? Got 3 bikes on mine, doesn't cost much more & they work on the principle that you can only ride one at a time.

Hadn't thought of that, despite that I won't be riding it for months. They don't do Laid Up insurance, I've already asked them. 

Archived