Fuel economy. 180 miles per tank is a joke

Howesnet

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, dogman said:

Errr what is a mile? Oh I seem to remember something about them back in the 60s. There were also rods and perches as well.........IIRC. And gallons, that depends where you are.

Anyway I get 5.2-5.7 litres per 100Km according to the onboard computer

Really the metric system is much better and logical.

You'll burn in hell, you know that!

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RhINO said:

As long as you get the temperature in Kelvin, It's all good :D

/R

Nah, degrees Celcius will do!  :tongue: :beer:

11 hours ago, dogman said:

Errr what is a mile? Oh I seem to remember something about them back in the 60s. There were also rods and perches as well.........IIRC. And gallons, that depends where you are.

Anyway I get 5.2-5.7 litres per 100Km according to the onboard computer

Really the metric system is much better and logical.

I mentioned in a post above, when talking about the difference between a US & UK Gallon about us english being the inventors of America........ Well, we invented Australia too.

Just saying :beer:

• Member Contributer
I mentioned in a post above, when talking about the difference between a US & UK Gallon about us english being the inventors of America........ Well, we invented Australia too.

Just saying 

No, no, no....you dumped some less than savoury(according to the crown) people here to defend for themselves, and when they started doing well you claimed them back, now everyone wants to live here! Haha.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Well "stone" me...

So the imperial system only really comes into context when using the saying "To kill two birds with one stone" considering my "Todger" weighs about one stone when the flag is raised... and a bird in the bush is worth...

Yes, I need help.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:40 AM, swimmer said:

After 166 fill ups my avg. tank is 205.2 miles.  

Wow, not sure how you came to that average, thats insane! When I had my 2010, I averaged about 120-130 miles per tank.This was urban mixed use of freeway and city streets. For reference that was with Bazazz FI module/Z-Bomb & Akra Pipe.

11 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Well "stone" me...

So the imperial system only really comes into context when using the saying "To kill two birds with one stone" considering my "Todger" weighs about one stone when the flag is raised... and a bird in the bush is worth...

Yes, I need help.

That excess weight would certainly explain YOUR poor fuel mileage lol

13 hours ago, Forbes said:

No, no, no....you dumped some less than savoury(according to the crown) people here to defend for themselves, and when they started doing well you claimed them back, now everyone wants to live here! Haha.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

:beer::beer:

• Member Contributer

It's either  the mapping, your weight/height, the way you ride, or poor fuel.  Mine has a full system on it (cat removed), ecu flashed, custom mapped, with an auto tune module making corrections to my custom map based on temp, humidity, elevation.  When I ride my 1200 I beat on it like a red headed stepchild.  All twisty riding, as I would go insane commuting on a bike with everyone around here in their smartphone while driving.  It's so fun to bang on that I ride it just like I do my literbike/superbike, except it has better aerodynamics at high speed so my cruise speed is 10-20mph higher.  All that and I get 125-130 before the light on 93 Octane, some times less if I don't back down on the straights, but 125 average.  If I ride like an old lady I could easily get 175-180 miles out of a tank but what fun would that be?  

I'd research for a reputable tuner in riding distance and have it remapped.  Tell the tuner you want it leaned out at your cruise RPM.  Whatever speeds you cruise at, tell the tuner the hear and speed.  Sounds like the tuner who mapped it either mapped it or rich or tried to extrapolate every available horse out of it.  That's what I did as well but I didn't map mine for fuel consumption.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, andy said:

I just changed to a Li-Ion battery.  I'm sure the weight difference will make my bike faster, turn quicker and get better fuel mileage.

You'll certainly unleash many bum-detected hp by that mod! :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BrandX said:

155 fuel ups.  Average miles per fuel up: 96.3. The crappy fuel useage didn't change significantly when I added the power commander or the Z bomb. I ride probably 60% city commuting.

Damn, you gotta take it out of first gear every now and then!

was just reading the test on the new Yamaha FZ-10 in this month's Cycle World ......low fuel warning at 100 miles, 30 miles to empty....i'm fine with 180 mile range on the VFR

Archived