Skids

What did you do with your VFR1200 today?

Seems like some of the other models have a thread like this, but not us, so here goes.

Today I replaced the OEM brake discs with a set of EBC discs. Also fitted new EBC HH brake pads and fitted them all back together with sets of Pro-Bolt SS bolts (disc, caliper & ABS ring).

One of the discs had become ever so slightly warped so as I have plenty of time on my hands right now, seemed a good opportunity. Now all I have to do is find an "essential" journey to go and bed them in!

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0970.jpg

• Like 2

Tracked down a pesky coolant leak...turns out the water pump weep hole is more than weeping, so I ordered a new one. At least I’ll get the coolant flush and refill done at the same time...

Managed to find an excuse to bed the front discs in today; as our restrictions have been eased a little recently, I went to see my daughter. Took the 1200 on a x-country route and bedded them in nicely.

There is not a single ride I do on this bike that I don't get off and think; "jeez, I love this bike!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skids said:

There is not a single ride I do on this bike that I don't get off and think; "jeez, I love this bike!"

Same here.  10 years and 120,000km later and I still say it.  I turned down my wife's suggestion earlier this week that I should look at a new bike b/c maybe prices will be better.   Never gave it a second thought. 

• Like 2