Month long ride out West

MisterBill

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I retired May 3, 2019. I now have plenty of free time and I am actually planning to do some things I have put off for years (decades actually).  First on my 'bucket list' is to take a motorcycle trip to the national parks out west (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Montana) or possibly all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Possibly take a Central route going out and a Northern route coming back. This would be sometime during June, July, 2020 time frame. Easy ride, plenty of stops along the way. Stay in motels, no camping. If anyone is interested in joining me in this adventure, I would be extremely delighted for the company. (male or female - no problem). 

I will be leaving from Villa Hills, KY (9 miles across the Ohio river from Cincinnati, OH). 

If you might be interested, call or text 859-466-2174.

Bill Mersch aka MisterBill

Be safe out there - ATGATT

More definitive plans to follow.

20180517_145419[1].jpg

20180517_154900[1].jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on the start of this great adventure, Bill.

I have family from Florence, Erlanger, Ludlow, Bromley, and even Villa Hills.  Northern KY is an interesting American confluence of the Midwest, the South, and Appalachia. You can travel 40 miles and hear six different regional accents. The region is also the justly proud ancestral home to the world's greatest distilled spirit: bourbon. 

If you think you might make it to Oregon, send me a PM and I'll make some ride recommendations depending on your aspirations.

• Member Contributer

If you post your expected routes and dates you'll probably get some folks to join up for a day or two as you come through.  Looking forward to seeing your travelogue.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like a great ride, I've done two separate 2 week trips out west, best trips of my life. Wish I had the time to go, but I am a few more years from retiring, but will be doing the same sort of trip when I do retire.

• Member Contributer

Well, if you do end up heading to the Pacific, I would definitely be up to meet up and travel along. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on the post.

Oh yeah, congratulations on your retirement, hope it is full of Moto adventures!

Archived