Pulled the trigger!

maxredline

• Member Contributer

As everyone probably would agree, we all should have more than one bike in the garage, no?

After much thought and lust I have pulled the trigger on a second bike. Don't worry the 01 Viffer stays!

Today I pick up my 2015 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750! 2500kms and never seen the rain.

The bike has been modded slightly with Arrow exhaust cans and a tidy tail so it is slightly different than the picture included.

More mods to come. Oh Ya!

2015-Aprilia-DORSODURO-750-Super-Moto-Motorcycles-For-Sale-671.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

Love those bikes. Was considering it but found a Triumph Street Triple and fell in love. Those are great play bikes to carve up a canyon road on. 

I'd have sold you mine!

Fast in the canyons? Yep! That suspension is great. Other than that it feels like a jittery cat that you just stepped on it's tail. I've never been so unrelaxed riding a motorbike.

• Member Contributer
On 9/29/2016 at 11:49 AM, thtanner said:

I'd have sold you mine!

Fast in the canyons? Yep! That suspension is great. Other than that it feels like a jittery cat that you just stepped on it's tail. I've never been so unrelaxed riding a motorbike.

Ya pretty much. As posted the suspension is fantastic even though I have not set it up, and the previous owner liked the setting hard. I have been riding it that way so far but  plan on tweaking it, possibly by a pro. It is a supermoto style bike, having said that these bikes are like a purebread where any little input in throttle (in sport mode, where it is going to stay 8) or in steering is immediate, so relaxing on a bike of this type is not a good idea. If that is what you are looking for this is not the bike for you. The  750 does not have the grunt to wheelie without using the clutch but I have found that this is a good thing to stay out of trouble in many ways. The bike is much like the viffer on the hwy reguarding speed and gearing (6th) which was a bit of a surprise. Yes you get more wind but its not too bad. I have the Aprilia aftermarket gel seat which is not great. I am short and the foam ridge along the front side has got to go. I plan on stripping it and changing and sculpting the foam. The shock is directly mounted to the frame and swing arm with out links therefore an aftermarket shock is the only way to lower the rear. I'll keep this bike at least for a couple of years while the Viifer stays to the end.

See specs here http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/aprilia_dorsoduro_750_abs_2015.php

• Member Contributer

I chased one of these 750cc Apes on Hwy 2 while on my, now Lee's, 08 Tuono. I couldn't match his pace. Less is more on a canyon bike I think.

• Member Contributer
On 10/2/2016 at 7:41 PM, Dustin said:

Nice bike! You don't see many of those around the GVRD, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Just accross the Pitt River bridge. I road to Aloueete lake on Thursday ;)

• Member Contributer

Rode both bikes today, first the ape then the Viffer. Wow, what a contrast. The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of leg room on the Viffer...funny

2 bikes (1).jpg

Archived