Said Goodbye today

Sweeper

After nearly ten years, I said goodbye to the best motorcycle I've ever owned today. The new owner has already been here and I hope will sign on soon.  

The new bike (07)  is coming along but still not as smooth as this one.

IMG_2677.JPG

• Member Contributer

I'm sure once you get the 07 sorted to your liking you won't miss this one. Not a lot to dislike about your new one!

• Member Contributer

Do you have another thread in which you show your 07 and outline your plans for her? I would be curious what an experienced 6th gen owner prioritizes for the second swing at an ideal bike.

1 hour ago, RobF said:

Do you have another thread in which you show your 07 and outline your plans for her? I would be curious what an experienced 6th gen owner prioritizes for the second swing at an ideal bike.

The top thing on my list was to update the suspension of the 03.  Before heading to TMAC, I found an 07 with every farkle known to VFRdom for a price that the add on's would sell for. So I got an 07 with abs, Staintunes, Delkevic header, Sargent seat, eight spoke, electronic cruise, PCV with Autotune, factory bags with liners, Givi top box, Piaa horn, and JD suspension. So it was a no brainer. I'm sure I missed something.  I'm too cheap to ever buy farkles, so I got them all free this way. ;-)

Then, post purchase, I had to un'lower the bike, shim the shock, drop the forks, change the grips, put on new tires, remove some stickers, bleed the brakes (air in the rear), install my Harris CF hugger, and now it needs some fuel trim or a trip to the dyno.  I think I'll be good then.

BTW...thanks to MarriedMan. It was his bike prior to the previous owner and mostly his doing?

IMG_2495.PNG

• Member Contributer

Make sure the battery is ok to avoid manly love...  :-)

Yep, that was my bike once upon a time! The battery is only 2 years old and the charging system was beefed up with the help of mello dude. New stator, R/R, and battery all at the same time. The suspension was done by Jamie himself in his shop. I put on the Staintunes and the Sargent seat. Hell, I still have the OEM exhaust and seat in my garage! I really need to get rid of the damn things since they are just taking up space!

Archived