Finally Got New Bike.

Nelix

• Member Contributer

IMG_0186.JPGIMG_0202-1.JPGWell nearly two weeks after negotiating/haggling/pleading/crying like an infant to get my new vfr800 I picked it up about 6pm tonight.

Route home was not the best, busy city centre then packed motorway, but first impressions are as follows.

Wow! that top box is massive!

Gear change is smoother than a waxed, oiled pussy.

Front break feels fantastic, even from the few times I've used it so far.

Bike felt very stable, even on the crap road surfaces, probably a bit hard for me at the front but will play about with settings.

Heated grips, where have you been all my life?

Instruments, love them.

Switch gear, tooted horn 3 times trying to indicate, self canceling indicators work brilliantly.

Being a short arse. Weight feels very low down and less than it is, my reach to the ground is far better than my lowered zx10r but I still need to excercise caution.

Center stand, to those that struggle with this, eat your porridge, it's a wee pussy cat to put it on it.

Looks, well I love it.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

post-35458-0-31623600-1461093243.jpg

post-35458-0-56064200-1461093374.jpg

post-35458-0-14348200-1461097709.jpg

IMG_0202-1.thumb.JPG.117ff1a6b0d3763450d

• Member Contributer

Congratulation on your new purchase. She looks the biz. Agree about the top box but they hold loads and you will eventually get used to the indicators in about a years time. I would also recommend a fender extender too Did you get her from Tricky Dickie?

is that a zzr6 in your garage?

• Member Contributer

Tricky?

Yes, zzr600 Fink, bought last year when I wanted to take gf on pillion after deciding was not a good idea on the zx10r. Smashing wee bike.

photo%201-3_zpsacqv6cfj.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yes, from Devine's.

Thought it was a guy called Bill owned it?

Will probably put the zzr600 up for sale, no need of it now.

• Member Contributer

Congrats Nelix, she's a great looking bike, I like your tank protector and don't worry about the blinker switch position, you'll soon get used to that, in fact it's really in the right spot just where your thumb wants it to be.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer

Congrats Nelix, she's a great looking bike, I like your tank protector and don't worry about the blinker switch position, you'll soon get used to that, in fact it's really in the right spot just where your thumb wants it to be.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers.

Grum.

Thanks.

Tank protector was only four quid.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 19, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Nelix said:

IMG_0186.JPGIMG_0202-1.JPGWell nearly two weeks after negotiating/haggling/pleading/crying like an infant to get my new vfr800 I picked it up about 6pm tonight.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

Damn! Your wife is tough.... How was your experience haggling with the dealer?. ?

• Member Contributer

Gf lol, and yes she is.

Good experience with the dealer, but I do love negotiating.

pic from today.

IMG_0222.JPG

Archived