Seat Cowl Part Number Question

HughJebolzak

• Member Contributer

I've located a seat cowl for a 5th gen locally. The seller sent me a photo of the part number on the inside surface. It's from a red '99 and the number is 77225-MBG-000.

I've read posts here which state the same part number but with an additional "ZB" at the end.

Any idea why the discrepancy?

• Member Contributer

Not sure why the "ZB". Western Honda in Scottsdale has an inventory of NOS parts (shown as "OEM Parts Below Cost"). Here's the listing for the 5th gen cowl:

VFR800FI COWL, SINGLE 98-01 77225-MBG-000ZB W6 Italian Red

So the "ZB" seems ubiquitous. They don't update the inventory list so no idea of they still have it. I did check on some other items they had and the prices were good. Don't get your hopes up when you see the 8 spoke listing - it's been sold.

• Member Contributer

My seat cowl (under my desk,dont ask) says 77225-MBG - 0000. Italian Red. Off a 5th gen 98 but a UK one. No ZB

Hugh, I looked at European and US part sites and both have the ZB listed. Also given Adeyren's information I have a theory: The ZB is the assembly, the cowl with the fasteners. Without the ZB is the cowl itself. I don't have proof but it makes sense.

• Member Contributer

No, the ZB is the colour code. The code doesn't always mean the same colour--it changes year by year, but what it is is spelled out in the Honda Parts Catalogue.

Ciao,

Archived