Greetings From Belgium

RC36Rider

• Member Contributer

Oh, right! Seems like it is customary to introduce yourself here prior to posting anything so here it goes:

Hi All,

Been a lurker :ph34r: here for a fair little while and finally decided to register.

I really wanted to chime in on some suspension thread but a glitch with the automated process delayed my registration. By the time I emailed Miguel for help, which he swiftly and kindly provided, my question had already been raised.

I currently own three bikes, all of them VFRs so, although that probably does not make me the worst offender on this board, I guess I qualify as a fan. :wub2:

My main interest at the moment is to attempt to improve on my 6th. Gen dreaded HMAS suspension which I can only assume stands for Harsh and Mushy Atrocious System or something similar. :ohmy:

• Member Contributer

Amai!!!!!!

As a lurker you should know that without a picture of your bike, you donot exist

Maar welkom hoor! Wij bijten niet..... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Hoei Dutchy,

Bedankt and sorry for the breach of etiquette. I thought my profile pic showed enough of my '02 Italian Red 6th. Gen.

My bike is almost bone stock barring various scratches and abrasions, a slightly bent brake pedal and right side clip-on and an almost permanent layer of mud. You know what the weather is like in these parts. :goofy:

The only actual mods are inside the forks.

PS: Ik kan wel wat nederlands maar mijn moedertaal is het frans. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard RC36Rider! You definitely qualify as a V4 fanatic, but proof will need to be provided in order to make it official. If not, you will be fined a few pints of Duvel! Which of course I would be glad collect on behalf of the group.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Thanks. I updated my gallery with a few pics. :wink:

I have no pics of VFR #3 which languishes in my basement. I swear I'll have her back on the road some day. :pinocchio:

As for the Duvel, just stop by next time you are in Belgium and I'll take you to the 'Palais du Houblon' where they have a small selection of about 250 Belgian beers. :goofy::beer:

• Member Contributer

Thanks. I updated my gallery with a few pics. :wink:

I have no pics of VFR #3 which languishes in my basement. I swear I'll have her back on the road some day. :pinocchio:

As for the Duvel, just stop by next time you are in Belgium and I'll take you to the 'Palais du Houblon' where they have a small selection of about 250 Belgian beers. :goofy::beer:

I was lucky enough to visit Belgium for a week back in 1995. I worked for a company that was bought out by Barco (located in the town of Kortrijk) and they sent me there to get training on a new product. I had a blast and always wished I could go back some day. My host turned me onto quite a few Belgium beers/ales, Duvel, Palm, Hoegaarden, St. Berndus Apt12, plus all of the worldwide available stuff, Stella, Chmiay, etc.. The best part was going into the local pubs and trying all of the beers/ales they brewed! Good times for sure.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the "VFRD Massiv" (international division), yo.

But what is this mysterious "3rd VFR" you keep hidden in your basement? Do tell!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

VFR #3 should be the crown jewel of my modest collection but has been in a state of complete abandonment for so long that it has become something of an embarrassment. :blush2:

Oh, well ... here she is:

VFR #3

• Member Contributer

Estimate a fair market value, then add 25% and I might begin to consider letting her go. :goofy:

I bought her on impulse. Pure collector's lust. A total lapse in reason. :wub:

I strongly suspect that her value to me far exceeds 'wat de gek ervoor geeft'. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Much cheaper satisfaction. You forgot the dutch mussels that go with them. :happy:

Besides, you already have a 4th.Gen which is almost the same thing. :wink:

It's probably largely inaccurate memories due to nostalgia but my RC36 remains my favourite. I just could not sell her. :wub:

Archived