Another Stray 5Th Makes It Home

B4V4

• Member Contributer

3 months without a VFR but the drought is over.

2igd94k.jpg

1998 VFR, 108,000 kms (68,000 miles) so she's no spring chicken. A few bruises from a transmission issue but am looking forward to diving in. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a low-mileage 5th when this came up and just couldn't let her sit there (it does help that I do have a ride already - be it a cruiser). Black is also very rare anound these parts.

More to come ...

• Member Contributer

Congrats. Looks like you'll be getting to know her really well. Good luck with the affair.

• Member Contributer

Good save!

My 5th gen has 90,000km and runs like a watch. I refreshed critical bearings/bushings/chain/sprockets/tyres/pads plus suspension, so it rides like a nearly new bike. I test rode an 8th gen recently and it felt newer in the gearbox/clutch, but that was it. These things have great engines.

post-22267-0-13876000-1438658908.jpg

• Member Contributer

HA! Leaving millions of dollars in upgrades on the table. What a nightmare.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Finally buttoned her all down. Injectors cleaned & clutch bled, runs and shifts like a champ! Just in time to send her into storage for the winter. Now so looking forward to the spring! Will need to hit the side panels with some paint, decals & clear, but kinda liking the matt finish ...

Oh and nice surprise, the bike only has 72,000 kms (45k miles).

29dzaj8.jpg

Archived