Buddy Belt? Gear For Kid Passenger

y2kvfr

• Member Contributer

My 8 year old daughter (the youngest kid of my three) can now reach the passenger pegs and has expressed interest in going for a ride with me.

She rips around the yard on the 50cc CHonda clone and rides her bicycle like a demon.

She will be able to wear my wife's jacket, but not her pants.

Does anyone have experience with young'uns on the back and have advice?

Does anyone have a buddy belt they would be willing to let me borrow for a little while?

I have had my GF's son on the back of mine a couple of times this summer. Hopefully we will go for a ride this weekend as well if the weather holds out. He is 12, so probably quite a bit bigger than your daughter. I put my Givi trunk on the back of the VFR for him and he just grabs the Givi bracket/handles. The first time I took him for a ride he held on to me and I could feel his helmet keep hitting me in the back. After moving his hands to the bracket which allowed him to scoot back and actually see something, he relaxed a little and enjoyed the ride.........until I went around a corner too fast and drug his size 11 foot on the ground.

• Member Contributer

I was looking at the Buddy Belt to use with my 10 year old son, who's just starting to go for rides with me. Didn't end up getting it. I'd be curious to hear from anyone that has used it, though.

I like the idea of a trunk to help keep them secure. Unfortunately, I have side cases, but no trunk.

• Member Contributer

I will definitely be putting my trunk on, no doubt about that!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I wear the Oxford rider grips that my wife uses along with the back rest of the top case. To be honest I cannot tell she is even holding onto them. I'd offer to loan them to you but she won't ride without them now and being on the West Coast, it wouldn't be as easy as stopping by to drop off/pick up from you.

php8lUCsE.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a pair of textile pants that are way too small for me if you want them. Not sure if they fit the wife, but she has her own pair.

Archived