Stator

roadrunner

• Member Contributer

I know there are already many electrical issue topics I have been looking through to see if any helps so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

So last year I put a new mosfet regulator rectifier and stator on my bike. Original honda stator I got near 50k miles on it this one just took a crap with only 10k miles. The rr looks fine but stator is definetley fried.

I have had the harness wiring recall done, blue harness ground, and main fuse wires replaced, so what am I missing. Why am I still having issues.. Is there any permanent solutions or do I just keep replacing these things? Did I just get a bad stator? Will honda fix any of this, obviously my 04 with 60k miles is well beyond warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Did you do a add on or have any electrical problems in the 10,000 mile period. Battery fail or electrical add on fail. Anything that could have damaged the stator. Motor over heated?

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

How does the 3 yellow wire connector to the R/R look? Stators are a consumable item, but 10k does seem a very short life.

• Member Contributer

I actually went a size or two bigger on the wires between the stator and rr with direct connection because before I replaced them the last wires failed at the connection box. All looked well this time.

The only accessory I have is cigarette lighter style power outlet I use for charging a phone and other small batteries like sena headset.

Last time I did everything at once stator rr and battery.

My next question is am good to just replace the stator? What brand do you recommend?

I actually went a size or two bigger on the wires between the stator and rr with direct connection because before I replaced them the last wires failed at the connection box. All looked well this time.

The only accessory I have is cigarette lighter style power outlet I use for charging a phone and other small batteries like sena headset.

Last time I did everything at once stator rr and battery.

My next question is am good to just replace the stator? What brand do you recommend?

OEM only, need it to work the first time, and last the longest.

• Member Contributer

Just checking - you say the R/R "looks" fine, did you do the drill and confirm?

not sure what this is I have no way of knowing for sure. Once I put the new stator on I will know in short order if I need an new rr also.

Thanks vfrd for the quick and helpful replies I will let you know how it goes in a few days.

• Member Contributer

Just checking - you say the R/R "looks" fine, did you do the drill and confirm?

not sure what this is I have no way of knowing for sure. Once I put the new stator on I will know in short order if I need an new rr also.

Thanks vfrd for the quick and helpful replies I will let you know how it goes in a few days.

Just make sure you check it right away just in case it is bad or another $200 stator could be fried.

Roll On ..

I got a Rick's stator from Bike Bandit and soldered the connections. My little volt meter says everything's OK so far :smile2:

Archived