Part Bike 94

• Member Contributer

euh...................... no

chance that your engine will fail are very slim

If anything, you will crash.

You need plastics then and they are gone...

If you crash the bike to a point that the frame breaks, you are in deep doo-doo land; and unless your name is Terry, you might not be able to walk away from it...

(sorry to be so blunt)

That leaves the front forks; if you crash them, pick up a used set (early CBR600 fit too)

Ok the tank maybe be spotless on the donor bike and if you crash you might damage yours

(I have crashed my bike twice and it tipped over a few times in the past 18 years; tank did not suffer a single scratch)

Measure your front rotors and brake pads. If your rotors are worn to the limit and the ones on the spare bike as good as new, maybe, maybe I would offer the man $150 for the lot....

• Member Contributer

that bike is pretty much a donor for a streetfighter job.. if that's not your cup-o-tea, pass on it.

• Member Contributer

That bike sells by the pound. If you want it, tell him you'll take it away for free for him so he won't have to haul it away.

• Member Contributer

The only thing I see it being good for - as Dutchy nailed the rest of the story - is if you're building a go-cart of some sort. Plenty of sport bike powered go-cart videos on You Tube but I see that getting way into your wallet on the other side of that project as well.

Archived