Givi 5Th Gen - High Mount?

RazorWing

I have found a few topics on this searching, but not found a good answer. I am REALLY tempted to pull the trigger on a set of E41s for my new 5th gen as I have never had hard luggage before. However, I do love the look of a high mount exhaust...

Has anyone done a solid modification on either the GIVI or SW-Motech mounts that will allow this? Another option is swapping the slip on out, but that would be a bit of a pain.

Also, any SW-Motech vs GIVI rack as far as higher quality/stronger? I know the GIVI requires the top box mount, which I'm undecided between the tail mount or the "solo rack", but once I convenience my wife to ride, she really likes the idea of having something behind her, especially with a back rest.

Thanks everyone!

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

post-23210-0-37646900-1432592448.jpg

Looks great, and I love the dog! We have a golden too.

I guess I should have been more specific that I am looking at the side cases too, have you tried fitting those with that exhaust?

• Member Contributer

People have done things to move the Givi Side bag mounts outward with washers etc...but I think, personally, you are best to have two slip-ons and use the SW Motech removeable side racks...

Again, that's just my opinion. I like my Givi's and SW Motech removeable rack...I have owned several cans...swap out of a can is maybe 5 minutes if your tools are handy...maybe 10 on the outside...

Matt

DSCN0067_zpse7f4aaf8.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yeah, it's been done. I have both standard and high mount Staintune for mine. Plus I swap out the passenger pegs while I'm at it.

I have a thin tubular Givi side rails with spacers on the right for the high lift can. This attaches to the Givi Top box rack at the mounting bolts of the grab handles (different to the one in your pic.)

Piece of piss to remove when not needed.

Another Goldie owner here too :beer:

I made spacers and a new support bar for the rear. I added everything in the picture which is silver.

Then I covered them in black heat shrink.

It looks good and does the job.

vfrbags2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Damn thats wide.....lol just put a high mount on the 4th..Givi wing rack on the garage floor..low mount for side bags when needed....or 6th gen mod like dutchy

Archived