6Th Gen Exhaust Clamp

Skids

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know of a better option than DSS (£22.95 + postage) for a replacement exhaust clamp for my 08 VFR? I can get it from DSS but it'll probably rust & break off like the old one just did.

IMAG02861_zpsnpbfvrti.jpg

• Member Contributer

skids, try Motad. I think they sell the clamps seperate. Ask for Ian McDonald if you phone them. I have a spare one from my old Delkevic, not brand new but still s/s. Welcome to it if you want.

• Member Contributer

Jeez, never thought to just check Amazon. Doh!

Would I be correct in assuming that is the appropriate size?

@Adey, thanks m8.

• Member Contributer

RUST? What's rust? I've come to enjoy our dry climate here in Colorado after seeing threads like this concerning rusted nuts/bolts, fork lowers, clamps, and the like. I've also noticed a big difference in autos from different areas of the country. My wife is from Wisconsin and you can put your finger through the side of most pick-up beds there after just a few years. Meanwhile, you can find 25 year old trucks here without the slightest hint of rust.

I'm not sure how long it took for your clamp to rust through like that but I would think a simple clamp from the hardware store would only be a couple of bucks unless you can find stainless steel ones for a bit more.

• Member Contributer

The clamp was original on an 08 plate so it's done quite well.

The SS one linked above off Amazon is less than £5 so am happy to go with that.

Yr very lucky having such a dry climate out there; over here, the salt they spread during the winter is a right royal pita!

• Member Contributer

52mm clamp will work for the exhaust downpipe where it meets near the cat... i bought one for $3 at the hardware store

Archived