Loading Into Truck

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

I don't understand how I could do that with this strap since the part of it that attaches to my truck has a loop to grab onto on one end & nothing on the other. The hook of it is attached to the cam buckle part.

I finally went out and under the deck to recheck how I attached the strap to the ramp. It's just tied on, nothing else, just a knot. I thought it had some kind of attachment. Guess not. Sorry.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MysteryRider246,

Regardless of the system you end up with couldn't you test your method/materials with a bicycle?

If you need to step on something like a box or whatever as you push the bike up the ramp wouldn't it be easier with a 20 pound bicycle than with a 500 pound motorcycle?

Good luck,

LookingHard

• Member Contributer

I intend to test it with my XR. And I'm not planning to use anything else to step on since the ramp is 34" wide.

Thanks for the input though.

• Member Contributer

I don't understand how I could do that with this strap since the part of it that attaches to my truck has a loop to grab onto on one end & nothing on the other. The hook of it is attached to the cam buckle part.

Buy a different tiedown.........

This is what Titan Ramps had to say:

"If you see there is a loop on the other side of the strap. Take the hook though the loop (around the ramp) then connect the other end to your bumper and tighten the strap."

I suppose it would have cost more if the strap provided had 2 hooks .

• Member Contributer

Yeah, that sounds about right. I looked at mine at it looked like it was just tied, but I do seem to recall that I just looped the strap through a loop. Pretty low rent, but it does work.

• Member Contributer

Buy a different tiedown.........

This is what Titan Ramps had to say:

"If you see there is a loop on the other side of the strap. Take the hook though the loop (around the ramp) then connect the other end to your bumper and tighten the strap."

I suppose it would have cost more if the strap provided had 2 hooks .

You don't want two hooks. The loop does exactly what it should - keeps the strap in place permanently.

Archived