Pre-Painted Honda Oem Faring Panels

RogueWave

I would like to be able to change the color of my VFR 1200 when ever it pleases me. It's candy red right now. But I also like some of the other colors Honda has. As well as to mix and match, like...some black panels mixed with others as red as an example.

Where can I get them? Also, how do I put them on? I did find an instructional video on You Tube, but the lighting was bad and he did gloss over some detailed steps.

Most cost effective, cheapest way to change your panel colors would be to find another VFR1200 owner with the right color panels that will be willing to do a swap...... Otherwise, OEM will cost you an arm and a leg, while most DCM panels will most likely have panel fit and quality control issues that you might not want to deal with.....

• Member Contributer

A Honda dealer?

There are various online places that allow you to order parts by part number (i.e., you have to know which parts you need), and are usually cheaper than Honda dealers. Google "discount honda parts" and you should find half a dozen, at least. I used to use Zanotti, but they got out of that business a few years ago. Ron Ayers has okay pricing. Also, David Silver Spares USA might be able to help.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

My local Honda dealer price matches whatever online parts prices I come up with. Local pick up & supporting the neighborhood shop.

I picked up a replacement right side panel for my 6th gen from Ron Ayers about 7 years ago- fast service and fair pricing, but you might be in for some sticker shock if you really are planning even a partial color swap on your bike with OEM panels.

If you want black, look into Plasti-dip spray. It's reversible.

I looked around, your right, the prices make it not worth it. The part I was thinking mostly of changing is the left and right tank cover. Either a gloss black or carbon fiber. Also, the piece right under it with the fake frame weld :wink: Anyone walking up to the bike to admire it sees that. It's embarrassing on a 17k bike.

Archived