So What Does The Bike Industry Think Of Dct?

RogueWave

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leading cutting edge Race technology usually always trickles down to flagship bikes and race replicas. Then it starts to become optional equipment on the street bikes.

Well the thing is, Honda and Ducati are already using their own seamless shift transmissions (probably bought from zeroshift etc...) in moto GP, which I'm sure are rated for a considerable amount of power. CVT transmissions generally don't have high power ratings and aren't used in any forms of power sports besides scooter racing.

Probably not something you would be familiar with due to your location but snowmobiles are regularly dumping 180 hp through a CVT drive and will out accelerate most motorcycles

Yeah true you got me there, but snowmobile doesn't usual trickle down to motorcycles. Though I wish it did, so we could get that 160hp 800cc two stroke twin that bombardier is making.

Yeah true you got me there, but snowmobile doesn't usual trickle down to motorcycles. Though I wish it did, so we could get that 160hp 800cc two stroke twin that bombardier is making.

Imagine they don"t have some cooling problems during the winter but a friend of mine blew up the engine during the summer.

Convinced already that CVT is not necessary a "scooter thing only"? I would personally like to see a 4 cyl uber 150hp motorcycle with a proper CVT on board.

Archived