Top Speed

dadofseven

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guhl induced blinders??

Not sure I follow your sense of humor...

it was actually 286, in the script below the video...

I dont care waht was quoted there, probably by Kainzinger himself anyway. The video clearly showed the soft limiter kicking in.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but Im shocked nobody else cant point that?!?

• Member Contributer

Tamworth, you are correct of course, no push rods, quit a clever rocker arm with a roller, direct onto the cam exhaust lobe, obviously to make the V4 more compact. But we still have a rocker arm with a roller and a pin. I can understand wanting the rev limit restriction removed in 5th & 6th gear, but I certainly would not lift the revs overall, the higher the revs the more stress there is on the camshaft, but more so on the small roller and pin on the rocker arm. The whole idea of the VFR1200 V4 is its very wide torque band, you just do not need to rev the tits of it, but hey ho. Top Speed.

• Member Contributer

Guhl induced blinders??

Not sure I follow your sense of humor...

it was actually 286, in the script below the video...

I dont care waht was quoted there, probably by Kainzinger himself anyway. The video clearly showed the soft limiter kicking in.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but Im shocked nobody else cant point that?!?

I mentioned that he didnt hit Redline, not really sure of the benefit of addiing another 500 RPM to the Redline, but when my REVLIMITER kicks in, the bike surely feels its still headed north of the redline..just my seat of the pants impression.

I mentioned that he didnt hit Redline, not really sure of the benefit of addiing another 500 RPM to the Redline, but when my REVLIMITER kicks in, the bike surely feels its still headed north of the redline..just my seat of the pants impression.

No, he didn't. He was running like 9500 rpm and the stock limit is 10300 I believe.

Hard limiter, also called RPM limiter hits very noticeably like you would manually press the kill switch. There`s no chance rpm goes higher.

What you are experiencing is more likely a soft limiter.

so right around 185 MPH, sounds fast enough. BUB Speed week at the Flats is 29 August - 3 September...would be kinda cool to have a timing slip from the event with a 180+ on it. The website for the event has not listed prices yet, safety and course layout is, for that category you get 2 runs on the 3 mile course, and a t shirt...:)

yes, winter....in Nevada...it was in the high 20's out on the Salt Flats when we got out to take a look....cold enough but Sunny...sorry, definently not Switzerland cold...

you could use a cam next time you go out there. Be sure to post it here if you do. :cool:

I am not shy of a little speed now and then on my VFR (seen 145 in an undisclosed location). I meet my match some years ago when I had the experience to ride a bullet train in Japan and felt I got my monies worth at 200kph but at top speed of 300kph/186mph my palms started to sweat. Something about traveling at that speed and only being a few feet off the ground while able to walk around and have a cup of coffee made me uncomfortable. Looking out the window took an effort to look ahead and focus on whatever you could see for the second before it flashed by. Guess next time I will have to bring my leathers and helmet.

Oh I can sure relate to this... was there this last summer... took a few bullet trains and accidentally got on the second fastest type which my pass didn't actually cover... while I was on the train the photos I took with my mobile pone were distorted from the sheer velocity...

ZCvYo5K.jpg

• Member Contributer

To the original poster: the salt is slick and soft. If you plan on 20 mph less that the top speed on pavement, that might be close. If you have very limited exp. at speed, be careful.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived