How Much Did You Pay For Yours?

ridered

That's going to vary by quite a bit depending on where you are, what kind of relationship you have with your dealer, and how you pay for it. I made my local dealer (Rocky Mtn region) eat the transport and setup and other miscellaneous charges and was out the door at MSRP plus sales tax, paid in full. This was at a full Honda Powerhouse dealer.

The bike (with a very low serial number) had been there for three months, which is one argument I had in my favor regarding the transport and setup charge concession. Down in So Cal, you will likely be paying more. Or at least it seemed that way to me, when I lived in LA and SD.

$13,499 for the deluxe model, plus set up, taxes fees etc. It was the first one to come in possibly in my state, I put a deposit on it weeks before it came in. Ive seen higher prices advertised on them elsewhere, but never lower than sticker price. They have only been in the USA since June. Most dealers around here wont stock one, but will order one if you are buying it. The dealers in my area have only ever stocked a single VFR of any type at a time because they dont sell like cbrs/r6/r1/zx/etc. I looked at a few 5th and 6th gens years ago, they still wanted full price no matter how long they sat (they sold them all). The VFR1200, the dealers discounted them alot just to move them out of the showrooms, some after sitting a few years.

• Member Contributer

You can look on cycle trader.com for dealer listings that you can print and take to your local dealer. Now there are some standard models near me advertised for $1000 off msrp. There was a dlx advertised for same discount. Might help.

There is 1 deluxe in CA and one in TX discounted to $12054, a used deluxe for $11999, and several standard models discounted $1000 or more now on cycle trader, all 2014s listed here. http://www.cycletrader.com/Honda-Interceptor-Motorcycles----CycleTrader.com/search-results?make=Honda|2316874&model=Interceptor|764948841&vrsn=hybrid&page=1

Not to digress but I cannot imagine why anyone would buy the "standard" model. This (North America) is the only region in the world where the bike is offered that way- DLX is "standard" everywhere else. We're already missing out on having the HISS system as it is.

• Member Contributer

hondas website http://powersports.honda.com/2015/interceptor.aspxis now showing a 2015 interceptor/vfr. This should have an impact on prices of 2014 vfrs in stock at dealers and such

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't look like much was changed. Maybe we can hope they improved the TCS...

Looking at fiche part numbers and the official Honda website, it looks like the only thing that has changed is the year on the VIN sticker. It seems to me that the only real change was to a particular wire harness, after serial number 0000350 or thereabouts. The sort of thing that comes from, for instance, a different connector vendor or shift in where the harness comes from (initial ones are often made in Japan and later production harnesses come from China from what I have seen on a couple of models)

• 1 month later...

Archived