Sargent 2-Up Seat Question

rigger4343

Hey everyone!

I have almost enough saved up to get a Sargent seat for my VFR. I like the regular Sargent that I see on a lot of bikes and I have sat on one too and really liked it. The one I sat on also feels like an improvement for the passenger as well and since I have a wonderful passenger that loves to ride too, it would be nice to make an improvement for her as well.

I have been pretty set on getting the regular Sargent. But I keep seeing listings on Ebay for the Sargent 2-Up seat. It looks to be a two piece seat and the passenger section looks to be a good bit larger that the regular seat.

Just wondering if anyone has ridden one of these on a 6th gen? Also would be really nice to see a picture of one on a 6th Gen too. I googled that one but could not come up with a picture of that seat on a 6th Gen.

I have the regular Sargent seat and there is a flatter and wider area for the passenger to sit on. My spouse says it's much more comfortable than the stock seat. It is also slippery if you have nylon/textile riding gear - so there are trade-offs.

Haven't seen a two piece and I'm not sure how it would mount on the VFR (6th) since there is no extra hardware underneath where the seat mounts.

Yea, I like the one piece seat a lot. I have sat on and just rode around the neighborhood on another fellow VFR rider's Sargent and liked it. It also felt like it would be a good improvement for the passenger too.

I was wondering how the two piece one would mount too. I have seen it before on the Sargent site but its not on there anymore. I guess the ones I see on EBay are maybe left over seats. I wish I could post a link to on this forum for it. I have never been able to get links or quotes to work on this site.

I was just curious about that 2-up seat.

• Member Contributer

I found a link for the two-piece. It looks interesting. I still have the stock seat and don't have any major problems with it. I had a Corbin for a short while, mainly for the backrest for my wife, but neither of us liked it. But the two-piece Sargent is definitely intriguing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-09-VFR800-Interceptor-Sargent-World-Sport-Red-Accent-2-Up-Seat-WS-526-11-/370908463191?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda|Submodel%3AVFR800&hash=item565bde0057&vxp=mtr

• Member Contributer

I looked at one of the eBay auctions. There was a group of pictures of a two piece seat, but also a single picture of the one piece. I think they are confused and are showing the two piece for the 5th Gen in the auction.

That isn't a picture of the 5th gen seat either. The 5th gen has the mounting "hooks" on the front seat and the pictures in the eBay auction have them on the rear seat.

One nice thing about the 2-piece 5th gen seat is you can put just the front seat on, then put your rear cowl on and have extra storage under it. Not sure if you could do that with a 2-piece 6th gen seat or not since the mounting looks different.

Well maybe you are right and they have the listing wrong. I could have sworn that I have seen that seat listed for the 6th gen on the Sargent site before but it is no longer there now. Guess I could always send Sargent an email and ask. That would probably solve the wondering about it.

• Member Contributer

Thats not a 5th gen 2 pc seat in the link. I have a 2pc 5th gen seat.

I like the 2pc because I can put the rear cover on and it turns into storage. The bad is the cover doesnt fit over the rear piece because the seat is flat.

I looked through every link on sargents site and couldnt find which bike that 2pc is for.

I could not find it either. I have given up on my curiosity about that particular seat. I did just order a regular one piece Sargent for my bike. Hopefully it will be here this week. It should be the last thing that I am looking put on mine for a while.

+ another one for the Sargent. Found it to be a major comfort improvement. With it I can outlast the bike's fuel range before having to stop and 'stretch' something that never happened with the stock seat. Helibars and a Sargent seat may soften the sporting edge of the bike but I can ride much more comfortably throughout southern/central Ontario now.

I, too have a Sargent. Love it, and everyone who gets on the back loves it.

For long rides (+200 miles a day) I have a nice piece of sheep-skin that I put on it, especially if I'm wearing jeans... My sensitive bum can become sore just from the thick seams in the back pockets on long rides.

Got the new seat on the bike. I sure like the way it looks. It really makes the bike look a lot better. Hopefully will get to put a couple of hours on it this Sunday and see how it really does.

I did the LSL handlebar conversion not long ago and that made me want to do the new seat much sooner than I had planned.

Like VFRpwr mentioned above, with the bar swap, I also noticed the bike did not feel as sporty in the turns but I think it is more of something that I just need to get used to. But what the bars did do is allow me to ride and not have to think about something like my hands or wrist bothering me. I hope with the bars and the seat together that the bike will be much more comfortable and allow me to enjoy the ride more overall.

• Member Contributer

On the Sargent site if you search the part number WS-526-11 given on ebay it comes up with the 6th gen seat with the red welt, so it seems that the site is confused as to the fitment.

Archived