Stator Cover Gasket- Where To Buy?

Rich

My 3rd thread on the subject of stators. I'm a pest :wacko:

Honestly, I've been searching all night, and I haven't found a 6th gen stator cover gasket for sale on line. It's probably out there and I just missed it. So...I guess unless someone clues me in, I'll just visit the ol' dealership. I thought for sure Bike Bandit or Revzilla or Superstore would have one, but it they do, I don't see it.

I like the temp bolts to align the cover for install. Last question- I promise- how is the gasket best prepared for install sealant (?) wise?

Once again, thanks in advance :tour:

• Member Contributer

TIghtwad sells them on his website - wiremybike - I got mine from him when I ordered other items. For small $ items, I'll often just drop in to the dealer if it's conveniently located.

http://www.wiremybike.com/vfr-specific-parts-2002-2009-vfr-parts-6th-gen-stator-cover-gasket-p-676.html

TIghtwad sells them on his website - wiremybike - I got mine from him when I ordered other items. For small $ items, I'll often just drop in to the dealer if it's conveniently located.

http://www.wiremybike.com/vfr-specific-parts-2002-2009-vfr-parts-6th-gen-stator-cover-gasket-p-676.html

I swear I looked at that site and didn't see it.

I ordered it :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Original Honda gaskets come with sealant applied, on the side that faces the cover only.

Here the clutch gasket, only at the bottom section.

I have used aftermarket gaskets that donot have sealant applied. Never an issue. But a very very thin line will not harm to be sure. The rubber grommet at the top of the stator does need sealant, i have some grey colored stuff..

post-8974-0-74560400-1409829403.jpg

Original Honda gaskets come with sealant applied, on the side that faces the cover only.

Here the clutch gasket, only at the bottom section.

I have used aftermarket gaskets that donot have sealant applied. Never an issue. But a very very thin line will not harm to be sure. The rubber grommet at the top of the stator does need sealant, i have some grey colored stuff..

Thanks Dutchy,

I ordered a gasket from wiremybike. I asked them how their gaskets go on, but haven't heard back yet. Yeah, sealant at the rubber plug.

Archived