Continental Recall

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

From the dutch Continental website

post-8974-0-19218700-1407857776.jpg

US news article

http://www.rubbernews.com/article/20140811/NEWS/140819996/continental-recalls-9000-motorcycle-tires#

link to Conti USA page

http://continentaltire.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/5/206/12/f1780588c754b76d3fa1ba36cdfa7894326002fa

Good thing I just ordered a set of Pirelli Angel GTs.............

• Member Contributer

FYI

I installed a set of RA2's this spring, although not specifically listed I decided to follow up with Conti as my front has been consistantly losing a couple psi and my bike has had some odd handling issues, feeling like the tire goes flat once up to temp but it never has. List is my tire info and the response:

Continental Road Attack 2 Front Tire
Tire Size: 120/70ZR17
DOT GP8B B5MU 2413

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at Continental Tire the Americas, LLC.

The DOT appears to be very similar to the ones under the recall with a few numbers or letters being different. We would recommend returning to the place of purchase to have them verify the DOT on the tire. If it is part of the recall, unfortunately, the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration has not approved a process to get our customers situated just yet. If you absolutely need to get it replaced, we would be more than willing to reimburse you for the replacement of that tire.

Again, we would recommend not driving on the tire until we have an approved process for reimbursement/exchange, however, we understand your need to drive your motorcycle. We would be more than willing to reimburse you, if need be.

If you choose to purchase the tire, please reply with the receipt so we may review it.

Archived