Vancouver Area Riders

C4cycle

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

This thread has kinda died!

No, not dead Randy, just hibernating. Good to see you obviously made it home without incident and thanks again for lunch. Hopefully the next ones on me, and somewhere in your neck of the woods.

• Member Contributer

This thread has kinda died!

No, not dead Randy, just hibernating. Good to see you obviously made it home without incident and thanks again for lunch. Hopefully the next ones on me, and somewhere in your neck of the woods.

You're welcome. BTW. Got a call earlier this evening. Truck driving looks like it is back on with shorter trips. We shall see.

• Member Contributer

Was out for a short spin today. Weather was mild but not warm. Sun shining. Felt good. I see more of this for the next week or so. Unless of course, that weatherman turns into a lying sumbich.

• 2 months later...

Well I do declare, the weather has been mighty nice in these here parts lately. I'm kinda getting sick of only riding my bike to work and back, the wide open spaces with twisty ribbons of goodness are calling. Let's see who else is still keeping an eye on this thread and kick a few ride ideas around...

• Member Contributer

Keeping an eye on the thread but cannot go just yet. Not insured, not enough free time. But I must agree that the weather has been fabulous. Safe riding!

C

• Member Contributer

My eye is on this, with this weather I have been thinking of a Lk Duffy loop run in the near future :cool: It has been a while.... Need to get up North!

• Member Contributer

May as well chime in here, if anyone on the island, or coming to the island, wants to go for a Renfrew loop, I'm in. We just did this yesterday as a spontaneous thing. We were stopped for a break at Jordan river and had this pull up beside me so had to take a pic.

gallery_17747_4739_157830.jpg

What a fantastic weekend.

Looking forward to more great riding.

The Duffy indeed, I would gladly make a day loop of that anytime. I tend to work weekends, which doesn't usually work for most folks, but not always. Lately I have also been paying more attention to some of the roads around Kamloops area (I fly from Van to the Loops often). Looking down on some of them gets me day dreaming a bit...

• Member Contributer

May as well chime in here, if anyone on the island, or coming to the island, wants to go for a Renfrew loop, I'm in. We just did this yesterday as a spontaneous thing. We were stopped for a break at Jordan river and had this pull up beside me so had to take a pic.

gallery_17747_4739_157830.jpg

I am glad you're keeping the Red, White & Blue theme in your pictures :wink: One of these weekends I will have to come up & try this Renfrew Loop! Glad to see your enjoying the weather :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I am glad you're keeping the Red, White & Blue theme in your pictures :wink: One of these weekends I will have to come up & try this Renfrew Loop! Glad to see your enjoying the weather :wheel:

Well, you know you've got a place to stay so let me know when you can make it.

BC

• Member Contributer

The Duffy indeed, I would gladly make a day loop of that anytime. I tend to work weekends, which doesn't usually work for most folks, but not always. Lately I have also been paying more attention to some of the roads around Kamloops area (I fly from Van to the Loops often). Looking down on some of them gets me day dreaming a bit...

Hit me up for a weekday ride any time. I work weekends as well

Hit me up for a weekday ride any time. I work weekends as well

I will!

• 2 months later...

Planning a North Cascades run starting in Sumas, and up to Vernon, early August. For me, I will be staying in Vernon for the night, then the Duffy back to Horshoe Bay (and over to the Coast) on the second day. Day loopers welcome. I'll confirm date shortly...likely Aug 12-13.

• Member Contributer

Planning a North Cascades run starting in Sumas, and up to Vernon, early August. For me, I will be staying in Vernon for the night, then the Duffy back to Horshoe Bay (and over to the Coast) on the second day. Day loopers welcome. I'll confirm date shortly...likely Aug 12-13.

Keep me posted and send a PM when you know the dates!

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Is this still active? Just picked up a 2014 VFR and am hoping to get some rides in with other lower mainland riders.

Don

Congratulations on your new VFR, Don! I'm always up for a ride so just send me a PM here on the forum

• 4 months later...

Looking for other VFR riders in the Metro Vancouver area. I have just acquired a 2000 VFR (blue) and after doing a few tuning items I am ready for rides.

I am from North Vancouver and generally ride to Horseshoe Bay, Squamish, and Whistler as time and weather permit.

I am a retired so am usually available week days or weekends.

This is my first VFR and look forward to comparing notes with a few riders in the Metro Vancouver area.

Regards

Terry

Digitallyhip,   Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of going to Nelson but I must be too late to apply now. If someone cancels I would be pleased to take that spot.

Terry

• Member Contributer

Don 

You can still come.. Might be to late to order a MEET shirt but talk to Superfunomatic about getting added to the list..

there will be lots of local riders heading up.. Will be great for a new VFR member.

Axel,

That sounds great! Is there an official registration that I can access? I read that the registration was closed, is that correct? Accommodation? 

I am working my way through getting my bike (2000) into a decent state of tune, am almost there.

Regards

Terry

Archived