Alternative Fuels?

VENGER

I agree the vfr is very good on valves, but hardened seats overall really falls short on valve recession issue amongst many different models in the motorcycle world.

Overall no one is complaining about valve recession...

That's because most don't know what valve recession is, they just know they have to take their bikes to the shop to check the valves on their bikes.

But like mentioned earlier, its the exceptional decarbonization that naturally comes from the oxides also. Far far better than putting water in your motor, and trying to decarbon something that wouldn't be there in the first place with my ratio.

Dude Ive done this for hundreds of thousands of miles on various bikes, sell someone else on your theories I have proven facts and results.

• Member Contributer

BLS,

The ratio I run has nothing to do with Knock, lead oxide flakes are an excellent decarboniser with the right ratio, not to mention valve cushioning and reducing recession, But true, too much can lead to deposits just like in a rifle bore.

You're discussing problems the VFR doesn't suffer but if you wish to decarbon just inject a tinny stream of water into the intake and the compression will turn

it to steam which cleans the aluminum to a shinny luster... ever since nolead fuels all modern engines employ harden valve seats which do not need lead for cushion...

If there was no recession , valves would never need checking or adjustment, and even you ought to know that's unheard of in the motorcycle world.

so, by extending that logic, Ducati's must have big valve recession issues because of their low miles between valve adjustment intervals...

Valve recession is one of the reasons, but it isn't the only reason, to adjust valves...

So give me another reason?

The old mechanical adjustment valves used to also have linkage wear issues(Some ducatis have those), but shim under bucket never loosens unless cam journal wear, only tighten, and that is from valve recession.

• Member Contributer

So give me another reason?

The old mechanical adjustment valves used to also have linkage wear issues(Some ducatis have those), but shim under bucket never loosens unless cam journal wear, only tighten, and that is from valve recession.

I agree, a tightening valve clearance would most likely be due to valve recession, I can't think of any other reason for it... but clearances also can, and do, measure loose at times and require larger shims. This could be due to cam lobe or bucket surface wear, or simply from all the upper valve assembly parts seating tighter together over time after hundreds of millions of actuation cycles, or from manufacturing tolerances that were at the edge of spec when assembled...

Had kids and they are grown and out the door, Its very nice BTW!

Lead cant be any worse than Rap music and drugs, far more detrimental to your kids.

Probably one of the most stunningly uninformed remarks to emerge on this forum in a while. To think that anyone would feel the need to use leaded fuel in a bike today is simply mind boggling. Backwards thinking from the 1900s

• Member Contributer

That's because most don't know what valve recession is, they just know they have to take their bikes to the shop to check the valves on their bikes.

But like mentioned earlier, its the exceptional decarbonization that naturally comes from the oxides also. Far far better than putting water in your motor, and trying to decarbon something that wouldn't be there in the first place with my ratio.

Dude Ive done this for hundreds of thousands of miles on various bikes, sell someone else on your theories I have proven facts and results.

Most I talk with know valve recession... however most don't know that

a spark plug fouled with carbon deposits is easy to clear with a burst

of power but a spark plug fouled with lead deposits will not clear

with power. it requires removal.

"Something that wouldn't be there" Mercy Spud one of the normal by

products of combustion is water... . Every gallon of gas creates

roughly 8 pounds of water vapor... we all have witnessed water

escaping out of tail pipes on cold mornings...

I'm waiting to see your proven facts...

• Member Contributer

Probably one of the most stunningly uninformed remarks to emerge on this forum in a while. To think that anyone would feel the need to use leaded fuel in a bike today is simply mind boggling. Backwards thinking from the 1900s

First sign of lead poisoning is "Developmental delay"

What fascinates me, because I have so much time and mileage with such product on various motors

There's a lot of speculation on the net and writing and a lot of it is incorrect to a degree other than in extremes ,if I didnt see the results , I wouldn't spend the yearly trouble. Lead deposits , are non existent with what I run and so is carbon, I have heard of people running 100% fuel with 4 to 5 gram of lead and end up with lead deposits. If you've ever seen a bike running 4 or 5 gram lead, its normally shoveling out the pipe. Its much like salt intake, vitamins , alcohol or anything else at the right dosage.

Probably the biggest eye opener I had with such product, that sold me, I had a bike with a screen in the exhaust that was supposed to be decarboned every 11,000 miles. I looked at the screen and said yep Im going to have to clean that screen , beginning to show a lot of carbon blockage. I substantial dose of goo d fuel completely decarboned that screen and the entire exhaust. That's the type of decarbonization I speak of, from valve to piston crown to the tail pipe, and sparkplug are totally decarboned and clean.

Not there's any benefit to sell you on my part, its just for educational purposes.

Archived