Starter Valve Sync And Other Mods

Had a glorious ride to work today. Was having the wind buffeting/surging feeling on the bike, so I did the O2 eliminater mod yesterday. This mod did the trick.

Next, I plan on syncing the starter valve.

I have some questions about a couple mods listed. The following are in the Faq: Low-budget Fixes thread:

• Mod: Flapper valve disable
  • Mod: Remove intake snorkel

Are either of these to be done after the O2 elimination or starter valve sync?

Had a glorious ride to work today. Was having the wind buffeting/surging feeling on the bike, so I did the O2 eliminater mod yesterday. This mod did the trick.

Next, I plan on syncing the starter valve.

I have some questions about a couple mods listed. The following are in the Faq: Low-budget Fixes thread:

• Mod: Flapper valve disable
  • Mod: Remove intake snorkel
Are either of these to be done after the O2 elimination or starter valve sync?

IMO, the flapper & snorkel mods are worthless. More importantly, I recommend the PAIR valve delete to smooth out low - rpm operation.

I'm looking to get better throttle response at lower speeds. 3 of my 4 kids are old enough to ride with me, but we don't go places that get us going more than 45mph. Won't be allowed to get a power Commander for a while. From research I think syncing the starter valve is supposed to help what I want. Will deleting the PAIR valve add to my wants or will I not see benefit until getting a Power Commander?

Thanks for the help.

PAIR valve delete will make transitions from idle up through 3k RPM more smooth & knock out most of the jerkiness you get between 2 & 3k RPM.

From what I've seen, the PC will smooth out that response a little more, but usually at an mpg cost.

I have a question re: the O2 elimination. I have synced my starter valves and re hooked up the flapper and the electrical connection to my pair valves. But, what I do have now is during at or around 5k RPMs and steady throttle. It's a minor irritation, but the OP mentioned it helped with this. Got any more details?

Oh and by the way, a AA battery guys right into the pair hoses, with a tight fit. Should I try this mod to help smooth out the 5k bit?

I wouldn't leave a battery for long. It will make a mess when it dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • I just took of everythinh. ALL have is a cat conv.

I have done everything. Every once in a while at steady speed and throttle, I get that stumbling, mssng feeling.

Mine went away after starter valve synch, but still does it occsssionaly.

Take out all htottle cable slack.

Cycle key twice works too.

• Member Contributer

Just do the mods in whatever order you can financially.

If you can afford to pay for a starter valve sync then you can afford to buy the vacuum gauges and do it yourself, every 4000miles and save yourself a fortune (assuming I read your post correctly and you are considering paying someone else tyo sync them for you).

The marble or disconnect is a stop-gap for me until I can buy and install a pair of PAIR block-off plates.

Archived