750 Only Starts When Battery Is Full

rallen0223

I have a 1995 VFR 750. The bike has a new battery and the wiring harness has been replaced in the last year. Now the bike won't start unless the battery is completely charged. if I ride the bike for 3 or 4 hours and then go to start it the next day it doesn't start. Any ideas?

stator and or r/r to start with. check all your grounds and follow gll's instructions for adding additional grounds here

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/62756-how-to-busted-stud-removal/

when the bike is running at idle, what is your voltage at the battery? What about at 2500rpms?

• Member Contributer

are the plugs all the way in?

the plug between stator and wire leading to the RR (RH side behind panel with the naca duct)

plug into the RR (RH behind panel under the saddle)

Plug into starter relay (in front of battery, red.green plastic)

what does the inside of the plugs look like?

• Member Contributer

Can't tell anything without putting a meter on the battery at full charge, while running at mid rev and the next day. You could have a dead cell in the battery or a connection problem or a bad RR. Was the reason for needing the new battery the problem you describe or is this a new problem.

• Member Contributer

nope!!

CLEAN the battery terminals ...

clean the starter relay terminals.

clean the starter button contacts..

clean the connection blades.. then start it. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Just checked and you have a Harbor Freight in Akron. Find a coupon and go get a free meter.

Dales on it got me looking for one !!!

Archived